Duplicate Thread Issue

The Green Button has risen from the grave. Brought back to life by a few enthusiasts who think the same way you do. Help us make this site better!
fyiman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Duplicate Thread Issue

Post by fyiman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:19 pm

I have posted a topic/thread in the "Windows 7 Media Center" forum.

Somehow, it got posted once while I was in the middle of composing the post, and then again when I was done and actually "submitted" it. THe first posting was only a small part of the entire post. When this happened, I was totally unaware the "partial" posting had even happened.

Originally, I recall there was an "Edit" button on the post, but it is no longer there. Is this normal for the "Edit" button to go away after a while?

I wanted to edit the "partial" post to include a link to the "full" post, but I can't edit the post anymore.

What is the proper proceedure for dealing with this (duplicate posting) issue?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:28 pm

I merged the threads together. In the future, you can click the report post button and one of the staff members will take care of it.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

fyiman

Post by fyiman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Scallica wrote:I merged the threads together. In the future, you can click the report post button and one of the staff members will take care of it.
Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, the posts got merged in the wrong "direction". As I mentioned, the one "partial" post was only a small part of the "full" post. The "partial" post seems to have been "kept" along with its replies, and the replies to the "full" post.

Hopefully, if it's not too late, please undo the merge, and merge them in the other direction, keeping the "full" post.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:00 pm

We're working on it ;) please give us a bit of time - free time is a rare thing right now.

Sorry for the hiccup. :(
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

fyiman

Post by fyiman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:25 pm

holidayboy wrote:We're working on it ;) please give us a bit of time - free time is a rare thing right now.

Sorry for the hiccup. :(
Not a problem... I appreciate the help, and I'm not in any rush. :thumbup:

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 pm

Just a quick "still working on it" bump - it's right up there on our to-do list!
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.