No Picture on WMC

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
wally188

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Picture on WMC

Post by wally188 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:09 am

I recently updated my video card driver (Nvidia Geforce GTX 465), directx, as well as a few unrelated programs. A few days later I realized my scheduled recordings in WMC were missing the picture only the sound could be heard. I then went to watch live tv and again could see no picture. I then updated my hauppauge HVR-2255 tuner card driver which didnt solve my problem. I then re-setup my tv signal in WMC which helped to an extent. I now have picture on analog channels however only the channel that the tuner was set to last and therefore the channel that is shown on wmc live tv on launch will work. once I try and change to another analog channel I lose picture. Also none of the Digital channels work, but audio always works for all channels. Im not sure if updating is what things up or not. If it makes any difference the recorded tv shows without picture have thumbnails that correctly display in the recorded tv folder that wmc is set to save to. What can I do to fix this? thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:05 am

Roll back the video card drivers. The lastes Nvidia drivers are the problem.

wally188

Post by wally188 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:44 am

Well the recent video card driver from nvidia optimized a few things for battlefield 3 and made the game run a bit better so instead I just reinstalled the same driver and It fixed my problem. THANKS A MILLION for pointing me toward the vid card driver being the issue. It works as usual now