MST and "away mode"

clemon79

HTPC Specs: Show details

MST and "away mode"

Post by clemon79 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:52 am

I think I've got *almost* all of my Media Center sleep issues figured out...I'm down to two:

1) I'm running MST, and I have Away Mode set to "On application request." The primary function of this is that if I turn off my Xbox One (which then sends a "sleep" IR-blast to the Media Center machine) when it is in the middle of a recording, it will go into Away Mode instead. This is all fine and good, except when the recording is over, the machine does not subsequently go to sleep...it instead waits out the three-hour "no-input" period and only then will sleep. It's like it doesn't go from "away mode" to "idle" when the recording ends. (If I do the same thing when it's not recording, it sleeps fine of course.)

2) This may not be a problem, but....how often is mcupdate_scheduled supposed to run? It's running at least a few times during the day, and it seems silly to wake for a few minutes to run that and then wait 15 minutes to idle to sleep. I know I can set it not to wake when the task comes up during sleep, but my issue is more one of frequency; I want to know that there isn't something wrong and that it's running "too much" as a result.

Any ideas are appreciated!

-- Chris