ITV1 HD Issues

markhunter99

HTPC Specs: Show details

ITV1 HD Issues

Post by markhunter99 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi all.

I have just reisintalled Windows 7 and with it a new installation of WMC. The various transponder scans have located all the usual channels, except something strange is happening with ITV1 HD - a transponder scan shows no new channels, then later, when swapping channel schedules, I saw ITV HD come up five times in the list of available schedules but none of the instances have channel numbers assigned to them. So clearly ITV HD has been found, but WMC has not assigned it a channel number, meaning it doesn't show up in the usual channel listings (I couldn't edit anything when I came across the five instances, I could only select them as a schedule to use for a different channel).

Does anybody know how to isolate and edit a channel that hasn't automatically been assigned a channel number? Sorting by number obviously doesn't show it, but neither does sorting by name. I know it's there but I just can't find it!

Thanks in anticipation,

Mark

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Have you checked in the edit channels menu?

Tasks>settings>TV>Guide>Efit Channels.

You can assign custom channel numbers / guide data etc...
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

markhunter99

Post by markhunter99 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Hey.

It doesn't appear under edit channels as that list only seems to show channels that have been assigned numbers. Seeing as none of the five instances of ITV HD that seem to have been detected have been given channel numbers by WMC it's not in that list. Really weird.

Mark

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Have you checked the sources for the ITVHD channel that you do have?

You can have multiple sources for a channel so the correct transponder may be there, but not top of the list?

You can check sources in the edit channels menu.
Rob.

markhunter99

Post by markhunter99 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:41 am

Hi.

Before reading your message I opened up the scan transponder page and hovered when it showed the signal strength to see if anything happened - sure enough the signal dropped into the red now and again before bouncing back to green. So I timed it right and asked it to scan when I was pretty confident it would be green and hey presto - all the ITV channels on that transponder came down. So it's down to a dodgy signal quality and good timing!

Thanks for you help though,

Mark

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:44 pm

:)
Rob.