Windows 8.1 update 1 -- Extender Requests

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
IownFIVEechos

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows 8.1 update 1 -- Extender Requests

Post by IownFIVEechos » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:57 pm

With all the voting going on for things that look to be just wish lists, would it be reasonable to put a more (hopefully less pipe dream) idea out there? The idea being have Microsoft at least add back legacy extender support for the RDP client? This way we can move forward with the new OS's in the future and still use the extenders we own now?

I see the update will now make it easier to 'shut down' your PC. Yeah that's great no Media center support for old extenders but at least Grandma can now shut down her PC!

-- I forgot to mention the second request.

Allow users to install a Windows version that is an Extender Version of the OS. Why are we not allowed to build our own Extenders?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:00 pm

I think you are confusing the RDP client and the RDP server
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:25 pm

erkotz wrote:I think you are confusing the RDP client and the RDP server
We are saying the same thing, if Microsoft would add legacy support they would be modifying the server side, and the legacy clients would connect. How are things going at Ceton, any hopes for an echo update? :)

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:16 pm

erkotz wrote:I think you are confusing the RDP client and the RDP server

I only keep harping on the echo update request because it badly needs one. And I know you are the Quality Control guy. In case you missed it, the quality of the echo is not too good. I enjoyed the morning hearing the wife rip into me as I reset my echo , re-established the code to the media center, it was not pleasant. We got to watch 10 min of the news. I know you are annoyed by the requests, but we are also annoyed by the quality.