Purchasing from Newegg

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mldenison

HTPC Specs: Show details

Purchasing from Newegg

Post by mldenison » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 pm

My PCIe tuner bellied up last week.

I decided to replace it with an ETH, bought through eBay from the Newegg store for $299 (same price as their website).

It arrived today and is working fine.

I got an email from Ceton today as well with a $249 price on Amazon.

Newegg has an 'Iron Egg' policy where they'll match a competitor's price for 30 days after purchase.

Newegg just informed me that they do not honor this when bought through their eBay storefront.

Be forewarned.

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I'm curious why you purchased through the Ebay storefront, is there an advantage via that route?

What is the restocking fee for the EBay storefront? If it is less than the differnce you get from buying from Amazon, call newegg and tell them to take it back regardless of the stocking fee and you will take this purchase (and all future purchases) to Amazon.

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:53 pm

I had looked on Amazon's site and Newegg's site. Both prices were the same. So I decided to look on eBay for a deal. Since I was there, and Newegg had the same price through their eBay store, I just PayPal'd it there. When I found Ceton and Amazon later came out with the $249 deal, I looked on Newegg's site and found the 'Iron Egg' price matching mention.

There's, apparently, no restocking fee. However, they state on the eBay store that returns are accepted only if the package is unopened. I'd have to pay for return shipping.

So, it looks like I'm out $40.

I did tell them that I would be using their site to research items and that I'd be buying them elsewhere.

They did not care.