Media Center Valve - Startup in LiveTV

millerduck

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center Valve - Startup in LiveTV

Post by millerduck » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:06 pm

Hello TGB,

New to the scene. Wife bought me an InfiniTV6 PCIe and an XBox 360E for xmas to setup my MCE. Everything is going quite well so far except I wanted to be able to launch the Xbox Extender directly into LiveTV. I have read through the threads regarding the script, which sounds like is has serious delay issues. I found the mention and link to Media Center Valve http://goo.gl/5iMeez which I downloaded and installed per Michael's directions but cannot get to work.

It looks like the app is now abandonware but I am hoping someone on here has been able to get it to function. Here is what I posted over on missingremote but haven't seen a response to yet:

Michael,

It seems that this software isn't being actively supported but I wanted to let you know I have been unable to get it working.

Windows 7 x64 SP1
xBox 360 as Extender
Installed the MCValve x64 components as Admin
Launched HideMenuStrips.exe as Admin
Changed to MCX account and set to start at LiveTV, Save and Exit
Rebooted Extender several times with 30-sec to 5-min waits in between, no effect
Rebooted MCE PC, no change

Even setting the local account up this way doesn't make Media Center open to LiveTV on the PC itself.

Any help would be great.

MD

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:39 pm

i have a registry key that mikinho gave me that allowed my xbox extender to start up in live tv. he was supposed to be integrating it into valve but most of that got precisely nowhere. it works though, and i imagine is fairly easy to modify for the HTPC. this was on win7 though.

valve worked too though

millerduck

Post by millerduck » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:07 pm

bobbob,

Would you be so kind as to share the reg key with me?

MD

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:05 am

Lee