Windows Media Center PC through Xbox One crashing

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
danny6869

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows Media Center PC through Xbox One crashing

Post by danny6869 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:52 pm

I have a very odd problem, and I'm hoping someone else out there can put my mind at ease, or push me over the edge by telling me if their WMC PC being fed through the HDMI input of the XBox One is working flawlessly for them?

Windows Media Center crashes randomly when being fed through the Xbox One...and it's driving me crazy!

Anyone else using this setup successfully?

oldpueblo

Post by oldpueblo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:38 pm

danny6869 wrote:I have a very odd problem, and I'm hoping someone else out there can put my mind at ease, or push me over the edge by telling me if their WMC PC being fed through the HDMI input of the XBox One is working flawlessly for them?

Windows Media Center crashes randomly when being fed through the Xbox One...and it's driving me crazy!

Anyone else using this setup successfully?
Mine's working fine. What refresh rate is your desktop set to on the WMCPC? I believe the Xbox One defaults to 60hz, maybe try matching that? What does your windows log tell you the error is?

danny6869

Post by danny6869 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:09 am

2 weeks of utter hell with my w7mc machine. Replaced c: ssd, secondary hard disk, motherboard, CPU, ram, power supply...reformatted/reinstalled dozens of times. Nothing but problems. I have been running media center software since the xp MCE edition days, so I know my way around this stuff, but I am completely stumped and unable to have a working system again with my colossus cards. It even crashes when watching old wtv files.

I get the same problems even when not running through the xboxone...sigh....

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:04 pm

It sounds like you have eliminated running through the Xbox as being the culprit, but thought I'd chime in anyway. I tried a Vizio Co-Star Google TV box which also does HDMI passthru, and I had a lot of crashing problems as well. Ending up returning it the next day.

aqvarious

Post by aqvarious » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:11 am

Update your power supply...I had similar problem when i added new graphic card which was using lot of power, making my PC restart over and over again..