Video folders

raja1530

HTPC Specs: Show details

Video folders

Post by raja1530 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:45 am

I was wondering I have most of my movies on an external hard drive but on that drive I have all my movies and videos in separate folders by genre of movies and the same for series and all are separated. However when I open WMC everything is listening and not in the folder format that on the drive but its alphabetical order is there a way to view in that format because if not everything would be out of place. Thank you :)

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:01 am

I think the movie feature of WMC only lists files in Alphabetical order, or when it was recorded/first broadcasted, etc.

If you would like to have each thing listed separately or at least it only show videos of a certain Genre, I would look at Media Browser or Recorded TVHD.

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:58 am

raja1530 wrote:I was wondering I have most of my movies on an external hard drive but on that drive I have all my movies and videos in separate folders by genre of movies and the same for series and all are separated.
Me too. But I access my recordings library from the "Videos" folder, and not from the "Movies" folder or "Recorded TV". (I also still use Vista, but I don't think that that is relevant.) The "Videos" folder will preserve the folder structure that you create within it using "Windows Explorer" (or other file manager).

To browse your video library, go to the "Videos" selection on the main Media Center panel. The only irritation is that the "Videos" selection is awkwardly placed. Circumvent this awkwardness by getting a remote control that has a dedicated "Videos" button. All MC remote controls have dedicated buttons for "Live TV" and "Recorded TV", but only a few have a dedicated button for "Videos".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

EDIT: I don't know how you have defined your folders, but to access your folders from "Videos" you need to define your folders using library setup within MC; do not define your folders as "Other TV Locations".

raja1530

Post by raja1530 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:22 am

Cool thanx a lot I will try that out then and see how it goes.

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 am

raja1530 wrote:Cool thanx a lot I will try that out then and see how it goes.
You should also read the following post for two other differences that affect using the "Videos" folder instead of the "Recorded TV" folder:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 569#p66569

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

leroys1000

Post by leroys1000 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:10 pm

The default listings in the movie tile in media center is by title,but if
you look at the top of the page,you can choose other selections like genre.