Some HD channels are choppy

RudyTivo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Some HD channels are choppy

Post by RudyTivo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Did TheGreenButton remove the system's attributes that used to post next to your name?

Just installed Windows 7 onto my system and now I'm tuning WMC. Setup went good, it's just that some of the HD channels have choppy audio and video. I have an ATI 650 PCI-E TV tuner installed in my system. A8n32 sli deluxe MB. 4 GB ram only 3 usable (If you have a solution to that problem you can message me, but from what I understand it has something to do with graphics card capability)

I first just setup WMC without installing any drivers and all channels came in, it's just that some of the HD channels audio and video was choppy. I then installed ATI's drivers from the Catalyst software and got the same thing. The ATI drivers are currently uninstalled.

Also have Play Ready uninstalled

tipstir

Post by tipstir » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:00 pm

What type of system you have there? CPU wise on HD channels. Do you have any programs running in the background. Check Process Explorer from MS free. I use that to check what's hosing the system down. Are you running SP1 and the latest updates?

RudyTivo

Post by RudyTivo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:07 pm

CPU is an AMD FX-60

Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 with latest updates

Like it says though only some of the channels are choppy. I do get other HD channels fine

tipstir

Post by tipstir » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:27 pm

HD ANT hardware range in miles are you from the towers? Any pre-amp or amp on it? The drops (coax lines to your HDTVs) are you using a drop amp. How are those channels on your HDTV the same?
System your using FX system, PCI-E tuners, Ram size you have is 4GB so 3GB free running the WMC should have about 2.6GB free. You might want to increase the RAM which would give you 8GB with 7GB free and 5.6GB free.

RudyTivo

Post by RudyTivo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:51 pm

I'm receiving these channels through a coaxial cable line. Theyre two splitters splitting the cable line before the line is plugged into my tuner card. Memory is maxed out for this board.

tipstir

Post by tipstir » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:42 pm

RudyTivo wrote:I'm receiving these channels through a coaxial cable line. Theyre two splitters splitting the cable line before the line is plugged into my tuner card. Memory is maxed out for this board.
Max out you say. So you have CATV with digital and analog service?

RudyTivo

Post by RudyTivo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:18 am

yes

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:17 pm

What type of splitter are you using? I've found in my experiences, that splitters can often be a problem. Try removing it and running the coax straight into your tuner.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Rudy, you never mentioned what graphics adapter you're using. Even if it's built into the motherboard, you should be able to find the model of the graphics adapter.