Sports Experience Will No Longer Be Available

choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Sports Experience Will No Longer Be Available

Post by choliscott » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:06 am

Couldn't find this being posted, but when I went to the sports section in WMC 7, it came up with the following message:

As of December 10, 2013, the Windows Media Center Sports experience will no longer be available. Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/KB2901043 for more details. You can still find all your favorite Sports news through your internet browser at http://www.msn.com/sports.

I should add, the link MS gave did not work at the moment

spanner

Post by spanner » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Just got this message also. I really liked this feature and used the sports strip often, but for the last several months the features were on again off again. Now we get Microsoft's final fix for the sports strip

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:07 pm

I never saw it work well and removed it a while ago with Media Center Studio. Something like a sports strip overlay for the top/bottom of the screen might be cool though. Does that exist?

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:15 pm

First they take away Internet TV, now they are taking this away. What's next?

<stirring the conspiracy theory pot>
One day I'll turn on my computer, only to be greeted with a message telling my that guide listings will no longer be available. 5 minutes later, I'll be greeted with a message telling me WMC will not longer be available.
</stirring the conspiracy theory pot>

STC

Post by STC » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:22 pm

<Needs a bit of seasoning>

These features were US specific anyway, so may I take this opportunity to welcome you all to the club :D
Nothing lost here :P

</salt and pepper added>
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

jewrican

Post by jewrican » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:22 pm

that really stinks they are doing away with this. I really enjoyed it. Saw it last night trying to find the Bama LSU game.

brantmacga

Post by brantmacga » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:39 pm

oh i don't like this at all :( :(

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:25 am

STC wrote:<Needs a bit of seasoning>

These features were US specific anyway, so may I take this opportunity to welcome you all to the club :D
Nothing lost here :P

</salt and pepper added>
Yeah, what feature that we never had have we now lost?
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

rantanamo

Post by rantanamo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:08 am

I loved this feature. Just last night we hosted a party and were changing between the various games using this and everyone was amazed. Really great for college football Saturdays. What are you doing Microsoft??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

werds

Post by werds » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:40 am

rantanamo wrote:I loved this feature. Just last night we hosted a party and were changing between the various games using this and everyone was amazed. Really great for college football Saturdays. What are you doing Microsoft??!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Interesting, since I never used the sports feature but last night noticed that the Fox Sports add in looked pretty slick in the extras library, probably not as good though.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:57 pm

The Fox one would be alright, if someone only wanted to know the scores of other games or some news.
werds wrote:
rantanamo wrote:I loved this feature. Just last night we hosted a party and were changing between the various games using this and everyone was amazed. Really great for college football Saturdays. What are you doing Microsoft??!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Interesting, since I never used the sports feature but last night noticed that the Fox Sports add in looked pretty slick in the extras library, probably not as good though.

machausta

Post by machausta » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:04 pm

choliscott wrote:Couldn't find this being posted, but when I went to the sports section in WMC 7, it came up with the following message:

As of December 10, 2013, the Windows Media Center Sports experience will no longer be available. Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/KB2901043 for more details. You can still find all your favorite Sports news through your internet browser at http://www.msn.com/sports.

I should add, the link MS gave did not work at the moment
Hmm...link is deleted

innesst

Post by innesst » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:48 pm

This totally sucks!
I use it all the time to find which channel the games are on. And it makes switching back and forth between games easy!
That being said, it isn't working now anyway. College football Saturday and the only thing on is 1 baseball game. Apparently they decided to kill it a month early.

FYI - I guess I can use the Ceton app to search and tune to games. But the sports app showed lots of scores and the game in half screen, which was very cool.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:09 pm

innesst wrote:This totally sucks!
I use it all the time to find which channel the games are on.
You can easily just go to the Guide in Media Center, press the left arrow twice, and then press the down arrow to select "Sports". This will filter your guide to show only sports events.

andino

Post by andino » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:56 am

Not the same.

Also, it was broken.

I have 7 tickets open on it.

It has been down for many users for months now.

So instead of fixing it they just chose to delete it.