Series Settings - Max recordings

reynebe2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Series Settings - Max recordings

Post by reynebe2 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi - I have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to, hoping the community can help.

Is there a way to configure your max recordings and "keep until" settings to not record additional airings of a show if you have hit your max?

For example, my daughter loves Dora. We need to have a few episodes on the DVR at all times. I set the max number to keep at 4. Currently when there are 4 recordings on the DVR WMC will continue to record episodes and just delete the oldest recording. Dora is on like 6 times a day, this seems a little excessive.

Is there a way to set it up to not record if I already have 4 on the DVR? Then if I delete a recording it will record 1 more? I've tried all the different "Keep Until" settings (until I watch, until I delete, etc.) but it keeps binging and purging on Dora.

Thanks in advance.
Matt

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:31 pm

No. If you want to limit the number it records per day, then you need to adjust the time/channel settings. But you can't tell it to stop recording once it records X episodes.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:34 pm

You'll have to set up a combination of maximum X number of recordings, plus record one specific time/channel or maybe two.

That won't do exactly what you want, but it will somewhat achieve your goal: of not having WMC constantly recording Dora.

Yes, I have a daughter at home. If I didn't do any of this, all four tuners would be recording nothing but Spongebob or Hannah Montana or whatever, 24/7. Spongebob is the worst offender. Really, please, don't record every Spongebob that comes across. Just a couple a day is fine.

Right now she has a recording to catch every showing of The Middle, period. She added this on top of my attempts to keep her happy by setting up two per day. So, it's sometimes recording both the SD and the HD simultaneously. Until I can get her convinced that a couple per day is OK, I've shoved her recording to the bottom of the priority list. That's something else you can do.

We have 46 showings of The Middle sitting there now. She just watches them at random.

For that matter, we have 34 showings of Big Bang as well...