Cannot find channels on TWC

eclague

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cannot find channels on TWC

Post by eclague » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:14 am

So I've been successfully running media center as a dvr for the past five or six years but have run into a problem I cannot solve.

I am running an avermedia pcie qam tuner with windows 7 media center.

I have the "basic" package from time warner, so 8 10 13 fox etc.

Last week I noticed that a program didnt record and the channels were not correct so I proceded to do a rescan (happens occasionally). This time, the scan did not find all the available channels, and the one it did find was incorrect. The only channel that comes up is 4.1 which it thinks is 13, but is actually 10.

I have tried to manually add the channels with their qam number from silicondust, but they do not work.

I know time warner recently changed their channels around, but this seems to be a different problem since the locals are still not encrypted, but I can not successfully find them in media center.

Anyone have any thoughts on a solution?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:24 am

eclague wrote: I know time warner recently changed their channels around, but this seems to be a different problem since the locals are still not encrypted, but I can not successfully find them in media center.
Are you sure the local channels are not encrypted? Can you tune your local channels using your TV's built in tuner?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

eclague

Post by eclague » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:46 am

Yes, the TV tuners work fine. Even an old 720p set.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:16 pm

Several people have recently reported similar problems on TWC. In those cases, TWC has changed their lineup, but the lineups from Zap2It (and/or Microsoft) have not been updated. One person reported that there was a new lineup choice when he was running TV Setup, so if you run TV Setup again, pay close attention to the list of lineups available.

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:13 pm

In San Antonio, TX on TWC, after the channel realignment, for My Avermedia PCIe QAM tuner, I had to delete all QAM mappings, clear the channel lineup, start from scratch in tuner setup. After all that, I could add back in the clear QAM channels from the Silicon Dust channel list.

You got me as to why because all of the QAM settings are exactly the same as they were before, yet they ceased to function after the change.

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:24 pm

TWC has always sent bad metadata for the qam channels in NYC, so you need to manually add them from the info on the silicondust site. I guess its the same in your area now too. Glad I get FiOS after moving 2 years ago.

TetterkeT

Post by TetterkeT » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:37 pm

I have TWC in Los Angeles, CA and we were given an additional "tuning adapter" that we had to have the cable go through before it went to our HTPC. Without the box we were missing several channels. The tuning adapter is a small box with coax in/out, AC power, and a USB cable that connects to our HTPC. On the front there are two LEDs: one amber for messages and one red for errors. Check with your provider to see if you need one of these to get the additional channels.