Is there a Per Series retention setting or feature?

bernie_xg

HTPC Specs: Show details

Is there a Per Series retention setting or feature?

Post by bernie_xg » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi

New to WMC, and a previous ReplayTV user. After a bunch of research I jumped in with Ceton 4 tuner, Echo and 360 as exteners on WMC 7 machine, and now have returned every set top box I owned.

While everything seems to work ok, one thing I wish I had more control over WMC and the recording options. In particular, how many episodes of a particular series to keep, Meaning I may want 20 Star Treks, but only 10 Diners Drive inns and Dives...

Is there some addon on that can configure that, or just allows more flexibility on record options?

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:24 pm

I don't use it so I don't know if it fully works but there are "keep" and "keep up to" settings for the series... To see it, I right click an upcoming recording and click "series info" and "series settings"... there are other ways to bring the series settings up but it usually requires more clicks (though sometimes it may be difficult to navigate the guide to an upcoming recording of that series... in that case tv, recorded tv, view scheduled, series, click on series (if you right click make sure you go "series info" not 'settings"), then "series settings"

In some instances, I believe it still keeps them if there is space available (I believe this is controlled by the "keep" setting) values there are things like "until I watch", "until I delete", "until space is needed", and "latest episodes" but keep up to is 1-10 + as many as possible so 20 would not be possible. To me if you are keeping more than 10 you should keep as many as possible.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:06 pm

Not a problem. (Former ReplayTV user here, too.) Within each series, you may set the option you need individually.

However, you're limited to setting up to 10 episodes, and then it jumps to "as many as possible". I know, i went through this a few years ago; I've come to terms with the fact that this is a little less flexible than Replay...