[Dev Request] Sports Scores app replacement?

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
staknhalo

HTPC Specs: Show details

[Dev Request] Sports Scores app replacement?

Post by staknhalo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:00 pm

As some of you know, sports scores in WMC has been busted for a while. Those of us who use it had hoped it would be fixed by now. Not surprisingly, it hasn't. With football starting today - I'm really sad i no longer have this plugin.

So, if any dev out there wants to make a replacement/better/exact -same-but-functional sports scores app for WMC - now is your time to shine IMO :P

I already mentioned this idea to hbcondo via PM over at the WEC; I figured with his tennis scores plugin he would have a bit of a leg up on it. The problem is he hasn't been active in months, so I don't if he is active there anymore and will see the PM.

I made this thread so others could show their desire for such a plugin as well to hopefully catch a dev's attention.

I would be willing to toss a couple of bucks for one (I used it that much; even with a billion apps on my phone that could do the same thing) - but I can't speak for others.

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Count me in. That's a feature I used all the time.

pittsoccer33

Post by pittsoccer33 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:36 pm

And fantasy football. I'd pay for that. The yahoo fantasy implementation on Samsung tvs is great

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:42 pm

You know, I don't give a rat's ass about sports. But (pun intended) I thought the sports strip was pretty cool for those of you who give a damn. I considered disabling the sports strip, but I kept it just in case someone wanted to see that info. Now, I see that it sucks so much that there's no reason for it to exist.

So... if someone wants to spend the time to make something new with the same functionality, then I can definitely see a need for it.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:34 pm

hbcondo replied, he doesn't have the time with his job :(
hbcondo wrote:Hi staknhalo. Thanks for contacting me in regards to my WMC sports plugins. Unfortunately I am unable to find the time to do any WMC development with my jobs. Otherwise, I would love to enhance my current add-ins as I still use WMC on a daily basis for live and recorded TV.