TV Guide vertical scrolling wraparound, any way to disable?

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Hotfart

HTPC Specs: Show details

TV Guide vertical scrolling wraparound, any way to disable?

Post by Hotfart » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:48 am

I'm running Media Center on Win 7 64-bit, and got to thinking that when scrolling through the TV guide listings, I would prefer for scrolling to stop at the beginning & end of the listings, rather than "wrapping around" (for lack of a better term) when scrolling vertically through the guide. As an example, my guide is setup with channels 203 through 287, and when scrolling down vertically it will wrap around from 287 back to 203 (and vice versa when scrolling vertically up). Does anyone know of a relatively easy solution to get this disabled?

See attached screenshot where the guide jumps from channel 287 back to 203. As far as I can tell, there is no setting in the options within WMC to disable this. I've searched around to find an answer to this for quite awhile, both here and on other sites. Apologies if this has been covered before. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out!
Attachments
Guide.jpg

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:54 am

Never heard of any way to do this, sorry. Nor, indeed, of anyone else wanting to do this.
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:12 pm

I don't think I have ever srolled the guide all the way to the end for it to "wrap around" the beginning. You need more channels! :D

Hotfart

Post by Hotfart » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:14 pm

That's the thing, I only keep about 50 channels in my guide. I have plenty of channels available, but like to reduce clutter and remove all the SD channels, Music Choice channels, and other crap channels which I never watch :)

With 9 rows in my guide, I can scroll through pretty fast. Not being able to disable the wrap-around is definitely not a dealbreaker, but figured if it's possible and someone knows how, then I might as well do it...

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:29 pm

I assume you mean that when you press and hold the up/down buttons, that it scrolls too fast. Correct?

Try using the channel up/down buttons to move one page at a time (don't press and hold, just tap it). That will allow you to move 9 channels in a single tap of a button. With 50 channels in your guide, it will only take you 6 taps to view all 50 channels.

Hotfart

Post by Hotfart » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Not meaning that it scrolls too fast, just meaning I'm trying to find a way to have the guide stop at the beginning & end of the listings, rather than wrapping around back to the beginning. For a visual explaination, see the picture attached in my original post and how it jumps from 287 to 203.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:48 pm

I understand what you asked for, but it doesn't exist. I thought that maybe you didn't like the fast scrolling in the guide because you have so few channels in it. I was giving you an alternative solution. Using the channel up/down buttons gets you through your 50 channels quickly, but not so fast that they whiz by and you end up back where you started.

EDIT: By the way, I love your username.

Hotfart

Post by Hotfart » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Haha, thanks. Most either love it or hate it. But anyways yeah, I did know of the channel up/down shortcut. I actually very very rarely use the fast scrolling, just the channel up/down page scroll. I do appreciate the advice though!