Changing the layout of Recorded TV

marklar2u

HTPC Specs: Show details

Changing the layout of Recorded TV

Post by marklar2u » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:37 pm

I've tried to use search, both within this forum and the internet in general, and can't seem to find the unique words or phrasing perhaps to get to an answer:

Not sure how/why it changed - if I was tinkering w/ a setting, or if it was an update to WMC software, or just I went over a number of shows that forced the change, but when I go into the "recorded tv" it is displaying side-by-side with thumbnails. I greatly prefer the grid listing that showed two or three columns of shows by title. Once you selected the show name you dove into the sub-listing grid of indivdual shows.

Any direction how I can toggle or switch back to the old grid way of displaying would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:35 pm

mouse up above the listings and you'll have a few choices of how you want them displayed--"time recorded", "original air date", etc.

marklar2u

Post by marklar2u » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:49 pm

thank you. I've selected "title" which historically grouped them by show for me...

but now the multiple recordings of a series are grouped by title, but they are side by side with thumbnails, not in the grid I prefer.

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:23 pm

go into the recorded tv screen, press the "i" button. You should see an entry "view List". Mouse over to it and select it.

marklar2u

Post by marklar2u » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:22 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

@ work so can't check test now, but so very much appreciate the help - not sure how I changed it but I hate this linear side-by-side layout.

CHEERS!

marklar2u

Post by marklar2u » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:28 am

@ dmagerl:

THANKS AGAIN - worked perfectly -
it's embarassing that something that easy was that difficult to see - but I just couldn't craft a unique search that hit on the answer as I kept thinking grid and never in a million years would've thought for list given the array layout. THANKS!!!!!