ESPN3WMC add-in downgrade

EmirOfGroofunkistan

HTPC Specs: Show details

ESPN3WMC add-in downgrade

Post by EmirOfGroofunkistan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:28 pm

http://madeformediacenter.com/m4mc/app. ... 4121b4fad9

I really loved this add-in when it first came out. Then, recently, it stopped working. Now there's a new version and it added/removed a feature that IMO has killed its usefulness. ESPN3wmc used to play espn3 content within WMC. Now, it opens a browser (which for me is hidden behind the wmc interface when it launches). I thought it was a pretty sweet program to show the content without leaving media center (even though you had to click the maximize button manually). But now I may as well just open the browser itself and navigate to the content without it. I'm disappointed. oh well.

brantmacga

Post by brantmacga » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:41 pm

the developer has discussed this;

ESPN3 started blocking access to the app, and the developer was left with no other options. The developer stated he has contacted ESPN about this problem.

EmirOfGroofunkistan

Post by EmirOfGroofunkistan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 am

oh, that stinks...

brantmacga

Post by brantmacga » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:02 am

yes, it really does. it was one of my favorite apps before replacing the living room htpc with an extender.

the xbox 360 espn app is really nice though. if you aren't opposed to keeping all your media files in an extender-friendly format, it makes life so much simpler versus working off the htpc.

brantmacga

Post by brantmacga » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:55 pm

there is an update to this app; it launches a new browser window in full-screen.

the developer said this is the only way to make it work since espn blocked his app.

take a look @ this thread on TGB.com ---> http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... 01786.aspx

hbcondo

Post by hbcondo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:48 am

hey everyone. this is hbcondo, the developer of espn3wmc. i just wanted to post that a new version of the add-in is available on madeformediacenter. it now supports the new watchespn website which includes opening the selected event in full screen within wmc. sorry for not posting on this forum earlier but all my communications were done on the windows experts forums. hope the new add-in works for everyone!

EmirOfGroofunkistan

Post by EmirOfGroofunkistan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:58 am

awesome thanks! I'll give it a try