InfiniTV4 IP address and mapping issue

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Cab121

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV4 IP address and mapping issue

Post by Cab121 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:20 pm

First off
Hello to everyone on the forum and all the contributors. You know who you are. TGB has been an invaluable resource for my mission to take control of my TV. So before anyone reads any further I have nothing but love for TGB and in addition Ceton's InfiniTV. Posts often get misinterpreted when read or skimmed in the wrong context so consider the first three sentences a brain calibration for understanding and perspective. Moving on then. :mrgreen:

Few months ago I built multiple HTPCs. All but one of them where essentially repurposed computers and parts. The one machine that got a new build was the Cable host. This box is my backend for all other machines and extenders. Ill not go in to a full stats list unless someone wants it but essentially its specs far exceed Ceton's minimum requirements for dual InfiniTV use. On the network there are 3 HTPCs and 1 Xbox as an extender. The original setup was simple.

Backend HTPC server
Win 7, WMC (Up to date)
2X InfiniTV4 Tuner cards
-Time Warner Cable
-- DS for each card "Motorola"
--- Signal strength is optimal +2 on each card "My wire runs :lolno: im picky with wiring"
---- All 8 tuners set to network. "This was done by physically installing one setting it up then repeating on second card"
All of this was done one card at a time. Install, Call TWC, Register, then run WMC setup. Repeat on second card.

Tuner assignment
Backend HTPC server = Tuner 1 Card 1, Tuner 1 Card 2
HTPC1 = Tuner 2 Card 1, Tuner 2 Card 2
HTPC2 = Tuner 3 Card 1, Tuner 3 Card 2
HTPC3 = Tuner 4 Card 1, Tuner 4 Card 2
Xbox 360 = Extender call to Server backend

This setup worked very well. Every once in a while a recording would fail due to "No tuner available" . Every now and then My wife would tell me she couldn't watch TV with the same error showing. This was a once in a week error. I really didn't put a high priority in trying to find out if it was just recording conflicts or if a tuner was acting up. This was the way things worked for 2 months approximately.

Fast forward to Yesterday.
I got my hands on some more Xbox 360s so I wanted to have extenders in place of the HTPC units. Everything was going to plan. I was very cautious about resetting the tuners and that's where it all went wrong. Before I go any further I have had to perform a reset before without any problems. The process is simply. Unassign the HTPCs then use the "Reset to factory settings". So what I ended up with is the same situation found here

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =68&t=4617
and here
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =68&t=5262

All drivers, OS, and Cards are on the latest release versions.
Card #2 works perfectly fine until you want to network tune it. After it bridges it cant be found by the diagnostic tool and adopts the 169.x.x.x(preferred) address until I reset it. It can be accessed via the webpage before it has been bridged. It will not accept any network changes I give it via webpage. Simply refresh and displays the same info.

Card #1 is the opposite. On bootup it is set to 169.x.x.x(preferred) address. It cant be accessed by any means untill it is manually bridged by itself to the nic. Then it has the internal 192.168.XXX.X address from the bridge. At this point it is seen by the diagnostic tool and is accessible via webpage. It will not accept any network changes. In addition it I have fount the tuner mapping via "gethtmapping" is perminatly set to the original HTPCs . The reset networking, reset settings, clear tuner config, and clearmapping commands do nothing.

I have
swapped PCIE slots
reset, clear, about a dozen times
loaded the cards in different order
reloaded drivers
reloaded diag tools
reloaded HTPC drivers
Loaded and reconfigure individually
Loaded and reconfigure in combo

End result is always the same.
Card #2 can tune to local backend no networking no bridging.
Card #1 can tune networking no local and all tuners mapped.

Im out of ideas. Only thing I can possibly think of is to access via ssh and edit a few defaults that might have been corrupted. Or load a firmware update and pray it overwrights any corrupt memory segments on the cards. Since Ceton doesn't post any of the firmware files that will be something I would need from them. I gave up around hour 6 and submitted a ticket last night.