Live TV on Surface Pro - Guide Data Trouble

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
ArtieMcD

HTPC Specs: Show details

Live TV on Surface Pro - Guide Data Trouble

Post by ArtieMcD » Sat May 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Finally got the dream setup working. One cable card... 6 tuners on the network via InfiniTV6. Live TV on all computers in the house including the Surface and laptops. But I ran into a problem on the Surface... Media Center refuses to download the guide listings... Has anyone gotten this successfully working on the Surface Pro?

[Moderator note: topic moved]

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sat May 18, 2013 4:14 pm

well, this isn't an issue with the InfiniTV at all. You'd be better off asking in a different subforum.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat May 18, 2013 9:52 pm

I was about to make a topic wondering if anyone was using WMC with TV on a surface pro.....would like to hear your experiences using it once you get this issue resolved. That aside, how is navigating/using WMC working with touch?

ArtieMcD

Post by ArtieMcD » Sun May 19, 2013 6:47 am

So far. I'm liking it. My Surface is a portable TV now.... The guide issue self resolved. I suspect the MS service was down when I was performing the install.

As for touch the media center navigation scrolls smoothly by dragging. The volume channel buttons are a bit small but in full screen I didn't have issues clicking them.... touch and hold for right click is a bit flaky though. Using the pen... or mouse keyboard work the same as win 7... same with IR remote when plugged into my 60 inch tv. Of course I miss the fact that Surface doesn't support Widi.
I'm using the 5ghz band for WiFi and not getting any lag on encrypted HD channels.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sun May 19, 2013 3:38 pm

You mind posting a quick YouTube video whenever you find the time? I'd like to see it in action :)

nathagt

Post by nathagt » Mon May 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Yeah I would love to see this too! This might get me to buy a surface. Is it only available on the surface pro?

MrNorth

Post by MrNorth » Tue May 21, 2013 12:43 pm

ArtieMcD wrote:Finally got the dream setup working. One cable card... 6 tuners on the network via InfiniTV6. Live TV on all computers in the house including the Surface and laptops. But I ran into a problem on the Surface... Media Center refuses to download the guide listings... Has anyone gotten this successfully working on the Surface Pro?

[Moderator note: topic moved]
Hello!

What error do you get? Check event log -> application logs -> mediacenter

What region is yur surface set up to be in? You can check your settings for program guide in the registry HKLM... windows/current/mediacenter/ProgramGuide (not exactly sure on this... but you'll find it) there are two keys one for country and one for zip. Do they look ok?

/H

scyto

Post by scyto » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Working on my Samsung tablet running MCE just fine.