TWC Milwaukee Flashes TA's

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
CaptainOverSpray

HTPC Specs: Show details

TWC Milwaukee Flashes TA's

Post by CaptainOverSpray » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:23 am

So I get a voicemail from TWC this week letting me know that there will be an update to their boxes. Start getting SDV errors tuning channels. Thought it was a major problem, updated my ceton installer tonight and the latest beta FW installed and ran the channel setup after. noticed in the web diag page that the second tuner was disabled. thought I needed to reboot both of the TA's after the updates since the leds were flashing. restarted them and they would not syc with both on. unplugged one and let the other sync. ran upstairs to the TV and looked at the diag and the number one TA's said 4 tuners and active tuners listed 1,2,3,4. left the other one unplugged and so far no SDV errors. I am a happy man.

racerx

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by racerx » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Good luck with the upgrade and continued smooth sailing. Make sure you disconnect one of the 2 Cisco TAs, as they do not play well together. Also, keep an eye out for "Not subscribed" or similar messages on SDV channels. These are not the SDV1 errors that occasionally pop up. About once or twice a week I was not able to tune SDV channels at all until I would re-subscribe in WMC. Turns out there are some known issues with Cisco TA boxes not taking the firmware update well and needing to be replaced. Finally got my Cisco replaced about a week ago and things seem to be rock solid again.

Paul