Universal Remote Troubles [FIXED]

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
basslover1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Universal Remote Troubles [FIXED]

Post by basslover1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Hello all, long time lurker here finally registering for some help.

I'm finally getting around to setting up an universal remote to work with WMC. I'm using the Universal URC-WR7, coupled with an IR receiver that was paired with this remote.

I thought I would need eventghost to get it working, but luckily it works out of the box, I just had to teach my remote the buttons from the WMC remote, pretty straight forward. Of course there is a slight problem, however and I don't know how to remedy it.

I mapped the directional keys just fine, but for every one press on my URC-WR7, corresponds to two key presses in WMC. Of course this is not the case when using the WMC remote it's a 1:1 ratio. Everything else works fine, one volume press equals one level change of the volume, and the same goes for changing channels again its 1:1.

So I'm at a loss as to what to do. Any one out there willing to help me out? it isn't a deal breaker because I've been using my phone for nearly a year now without issues but I miss the tactile feedback of actual keys and half asleep being able to blindly turn everything off, thus why I'd prefer to use a physical remote.

Thanks,

Patrick

basslover1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by basslover1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Yep, solved my own issue.

When teaching the URC-WR7 remote, the instructions say to press and hold the button you want to teach it, until the device light blinks. Apparently when you hold down the direction keys to teach the URC-WR7 it interprets that as two key presses.

A simple tap of the directional arrows fixed the problem.