W7HP Shutdown Script?

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
richard1980

HTPC Specs: Show details

W7HP Shutdown Script?

Post by richard1980 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Anyone know how to create a shutdown script on systems without Group Policy Editor? I've tried various triggers for Scheduled Tasks, but nothing seems to work.

Alternatively, perhaps someone might know how to solve my real problem. I've set the shell in HKCU to ehshell, but I'm using a scheduled task to launch Explorer after user logon. This basically gives me the ability to boot straight to WMC and have Explorer load in the background. However, each time I boot, I see the mouse cursor for a second or two just before WMC starts. I'd like to change this so that the cursor is not visible until after WMC starts. My idea was to create a desktop theme that uses regular cursors, then another desktop theme that uses transparent cursors. I can switch themes from the command line using rundll32.exe, so my plan was to have a scheduled task that runs when the user logs on and another when the system shuts down/logs off. The task that runs when the user logs on will change the theme to the one with regular cursors, while the task that runs during shutdown/logoff would change the theme to the one with transparent cursors. That way, the cursor is transparent during boot but becomes visible after user logon.

Any ideas?