Cannot Play Video

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
ualdayan

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cannot Play Video

Post by ualdayan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Whenever I try to play a movie via the iOS app the Media Center says 'Cannot Play Video - Windows Media Center cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.' It's a local file (not a shared folder), and I even tried changing security on the folder so Everyone has full permissions. (plus multiple reboots while trying various things to get it to work)

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:38 am

Sounds like My Media Center is looking in the wrong place for the file. Go to the HTPC and open up MyMediaCenterConfig, then click on the Library tab, and then add the folder that contains the files you want to watch.

ualdayan

Post by ualdayan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 am

Crash2009 wrote:Sounds like My Media Center is looking in the wrong place for the file. Go to the HTPC and open up MyMediaCenterConfig, then click on the Library tab, and then add the folder that contains the files you want to watch.
I did that when I initially set it up. I also thought maybe it just doesn't like the movies not being on drive C, so I created a folder on drive C, added the folder to My Media Center, then tried to play a video from it and it gave the same error as in my original post.

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:02 am

Is this for movies on Windows 8? We are looking into this as this feature just got out of beta.

If you want to do a quick test delete the folder C:/ProgramData/Yammm/Cache and it will re-query everything. Refresh your movie list in the app and try to playback again.
I Write, Code, and Tweet