YAC on 7MC?

soccerdad

HTPC Specs: Show details

YAC on 7MC?

Post by soccerdad » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:55 pm

I have YAC installed on my server and it pops up fine on the client that has Media Center on it. It does not pop up on the screen when Media Center is running though. I found a copy of the babgvant plugin and client and think they are installed correctly. First I installed the plugin and when launching MC it complained that the listener was not installed. I installed the listener service and now it does not complain so I assume it sees the client. Does anyone have this working now? I see there is a new caller ID utility, but I don't want to pay for one if I don'r really need to. I killed the firewall and it still does not show when I am in media center. Any ideas?

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:10 pm

It will work fine on 7MC. See if these instructions do the trick otherwise, I pull mine up for you...

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... spx#401360

all4dom

Post by all4dom » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Will YAC work with Time Warner Cable voip service?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:39 pm

all4dom wrote:Will YAC work with Time Warner Cable voip service?
From your post on the other thread, it sounds like VoIP is irrelevant to your needs. The Modem may use VoIP to get your calls out to the world, but inside your house, you just have an analog phone service, and ordinary old fashioned analog phones plug into the line and ordinary analog phone hardware (including a modem in the PC) that supports CallerID should get the callerID information in the ordinary way.

As long as you don't need to use special phone handsets in your house, you're not actually using VoIP "in" your house - it only starts from the Modem out.