Any way to turn off 360 using Companion?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
stokd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Any way to turn off 360 using Companion?

Post by stokd » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:16 am

Didn't find this answer anywhere in my searching the forums - is there a way to use the Companion App to power off the 360? I have one in the bedroom and it's a pain to have to get up to grab the controller or manually hit the power button.

NWW

Post by NWW » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 am

stokd wrote:Didn't find this answer anywhere in my searching the forums - is there a way to use the Companion App to power off the 360? I have one in the bedroom and it's a pain to have to get up to grab the controller or manually hit the power button.
First world problems! ^^

You can always use the remote part of the app to shutdown WMC no?

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:36 pm

No there isn't. I think most people use an IR remote (or remote app) for the most part and the companion to supplement it. I see no reason to ever pick up a controller.

The Xbox smartglass app may do it, but I haven't tried it myself.

Also realize your Xbox can be voice controlled.

I have no idea what NWW is talking about. How could the WMC remote part of the app power off an Xbox?

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:29 pm

No there isn't. I think most people use an IR remote (or remote app) for the most part and the companion to supplement it. I see no reason to ever pick up a controller.
Yeah, an Xbox remote costs $6 at Gamestop. I don't see how there is any easier way to control it.
Also realize your Xbox can be voice controlled.
Only if you have Kinect.
How could the WMC remote part of the app power off an Xbox?
It's possible, I don't know if it's in the app or not.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:36 am

Just confirmed it's not in the app, but is possible with smart glass in a round-about way. IR remote is definitely the way to go. If you get a universal, you can also control your TV. The universal I use in the BR is a JP1 that was $3 shipped from ebay.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 am

hmmmm there might be away that we can add it in. Not positive though. You can add as feature request: http://tracker.cetoncorp.com

If you navigate down to settings->shutdown is there a shutdown option from inside the extender menu or does it just bring you back to the xbox menu?
I Write, Code, and Tweet

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:40 am

Shutdown just closes media center and puts you back at the xbox menu. At that point the companion controls won't do anything.

NWW

Post by NWW » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:22 am

mdavej wrote:I have no idea what NWW is talking about. How could the WMC remote part of the app power off an Xbox?
I was under the (false) impression that inside an extender, the "Shutdown" tab under "Tasks" does the same as on a PC. Sorry!