Media Center Client for Windows RT?

Valkyrie-MT

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center Client for Windows RT?

Post by Valkyrie-MT » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:53 am

Hi all,

I was thinking of getting a Windows RT tablet. My problem is that I don't think it supports WTV files at all. But, that may be ok since I don't really want to hold WTV files on the tablet, but instead stream them to the tablet from my Media Center. Now, I have Remote Potato installed, but there is no client yet for Windows RT...There is an app in the store called MediaSurge, but I have not been able to make it work on Windows 8. It does claim to be ARM compatible... Also, the remote potato web interface does not work at all with Windows RT because it does not support Silverlight or the video plugin used in the HTML page.

I would write an awesome one myself, but I have other coding projects to work on right now and must focus on those... Although, if someone can point me to the C# source code for streaming to a WinRT client, I could probably throw something together and put it in codeplex and the store...

Thanks,
Valkyrie-MT

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:45 am

saw this the other day http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index. ... indows-rt/ i'm already a dvblink user

ianken

Post by ianken » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:33 pm

WinRT does not have an HLS stack however there is a 3rd party solution available.

The WM streaming portion of the Remote Potato server is complete crap. You don't want to use it. Hardcoded profiles. Meh.

If you're motivated, you could pull down the API sample from the Remote Potato site and get the app browsing the content. Then plug in the HLS bits later.
(former) test lead - Media Center A/V Pipeline
Std Disclaimer. No warranties...blah blah