MKV playback on an Extender?

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
hookandbook

HTPC Specs: Show details

MKV playback on an Extender?

Post by hookandbook » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:07 am

Its late, and I have a question before I pass out. Does your WMC extender play MKV files?

Windows Media Center Extender = Xbox 360 , Linksys DMA2200 , 2100. Official extender

THX

nuclearxp

Post by nuclearxp » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:06 pm

It's early, and I have a suggestion before I start my day. Did you try using search, or just looking through the last 50 posts?

hookandbook

Post by hookandbook » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:14 pm

It's early, and I have a suggestion before I start my day. Did you try using search, or just looking through the last 50 posts?

--- So is that a yes or no

Yes I took the time to register at this forum so I do know how to use the search function...

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:39 pm

nuclearxp wrote:It's early, and I have a suggestion before I start my day. Did you try using search, or just looking through the last 50 posts?
Here's a suggestion for you - if you don't know the answer, stop wasting your time and everyone else's time, and just keep your non-contribution to yourself.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:41 pm

hookandbook wrote:Its late, and I have a question before I pass out. Does your WMC extender play MKV files?
An MKV is a container, if the video in the container is supported, the Echo can play it (you'll need a splitter installed on the PC).

nuclearxp

Post by nuclearxp » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 pm

foxwood wrote:
nuclearxp wrote:It's early, and I have a suggestion before I start my day. Did you try using search, or just looking through the last 50 posts?
Here's a suggestion for you - if you don't know the answer, stop wasting your time and everyone else's time, and just keep your non-contribution to yourself.
Because this was constructive. Maybe you should be quiet and quit condoning laziness while people litter forums asking the same questions over and over.

Mkv on extenders has to be the most discussed topic around. It has to be impossible to do a search and not come up with a hundred answers.