Echo Screensaver settings not persisted through a reboot?

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
WTFover

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo Screensaver settings not persisted through a reboot?

Post by WTFover » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:41 pm

I have a a problem (well two really) with my Echo. The first one appears to be that when the system goes in to screensaver mode for an extended period of time (say overnight if I fall asleep watching a recorded show), it will no longer respond to any remote commands with the exception of the power off command. It then reboots and comes back up normally. So i thought the easy fix would be to just disable the screensaver. The bad news appears to be if you unset the screensaver, this setting does not persist through a reboot of the Echo. I am running 1213 code. Anyone else have a similar issue?

tad

Post by tad » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Yes, same problem with the screensaver settings not being persistent, but I haven't had the issue with it not responding.

WTFover

Post by WTFover » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 pm

I just tested it today. Even with the Screensaver disabled, the system will not respond to remote commands after an extended period of time sitting idle. I guess I will open up a ticket.

fiteclub

Post by fiteclub » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:01 am

WTFover wrote:I just tested it today. Even with the Screensaver disabled, the system will not respond to remote commands after an extended period of time sitting idle. I guess I will open up a ticket.
I have the same issue with my Echo. How does your Echo behave after your cycle your TV off and back on while using the Echo? Mine tends to reboot or give me a DHCP error if the Echo was playing protected content when turned off.