Audio Dropout

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jruck

HTPC Specs: Show details

Audio Dropout

Post by jruck » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Just got my Echo last night have am having issues with the audio not working after pausing, ffwording or changing channels. If I pause a couple of times the audio will start working again. Also I have noticed that the audio becomes out of sync if I watch live TV without pausing for several minutes. Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues?

tootal2

Post by tootal2 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:29 pm

I had no audio on my echo sometimes. I had to unplug the echo to fix it. I do get audio out of sync every time I play a mpeg2 or mpeg4 but tv shows play fine.

jruck wrote:Just got my Echo last night have am having issues with the audio not working after pausing, ffwording or changing channels. If I pause a couple of times the audio will start working again. Also I have noticed that the audio becomes out of sync if I watch live TV without pausing for several minutes. Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues?

mantooth

Post by mantooth » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:01 pm

jruck wrote:Just got my Echo last night have am having issues with the audio not working after pausing, ffwording or changing channels. If I pause a couple of times the audio will start working again. Also I have noticed that the audio becomes out of sync if I watch live TV without pausing for several minutes. Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues?
This has been happening to me too since the most recent updates (2012.1202.1302). It doesn't happen every time, but probably half. Eventually, I am able to get the sound to resume by taking an extra step forward or back, or by stopping and resuming, but it is rapidly becoming tiresome. I didn't have this issue before the last update. I' m also having the 1080p stuttering problem that has been well documented by others, but at least I can set the video to 720p and make do til it is fixed. The sound problem is making the extender unusable til it is fixed.

mkrieger

Post by mkrieger » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm

I'm having the same issue with my Echo. I'm about to scrap the whole thing and return to my Xbox.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I love the form factor and power savings, but this issue, and the general lag is killing me!