Hauppauge HVR-1600 - No Signal in WMC

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
itdontworkright

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge HVR-1600 - No Signal in WMC

Post by itdontworkright » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:01 am

Ok guys im no that great with computers but follow instructions well. I have wmc in windows 7. I have the hvr 1600 which was working in the past with the current set up as well as an avermedia dual tuner. When I scan for a signal the avermediacards are strong but the hvr is spotty and will not tune in a channel. I am unable to watch tv because the hvr is acting as the primary tuner. Any suggestions? I have already updated the driver. I just ran the setup for wmc again and the hvr was not recognized. Imean wmc knows its there but wont include it.
Thanks in advance

STC

Post by STC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi and welcome.

Are both tuners PCIe? Try uninstalling them,then swapping the physical location of each around.
I would also suggest just firing up with the troublesome tuner and see what results you get.

How have you split your signal going to either tuner? Assuming both tuners can be seen, have you tried swapping primary and secondary inputs?
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

itdontworkright

Post by itdontworkright » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 am

Thanks stc,
Both tuners are not pcie. The avermedia fits in a smaller slot then the hvr. So I cant swap. I have tried to swap the antenna inputs with no change. The singal is strong with both cables. Guess I could try removing the avermedia and see.

brantmacga

Post by brantmacga » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 pm

have you downloaded the additional WMC drivers from hauppauge's website?

Go to --> http://hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hvr1600.html

Click on the "Windows Media Center Install" tab.

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:25 pm

After many years of use, the analog tuners of both of my main machine's 1600's refuse to work, and I'm lucky to sometimes see a snowy picture. One went out about a year ago and the other about 6 months ago . The digital tuners still work fine and I can also use the svid/composite inputs for use with a cable box... one of them is actually hooked up to a vcr to tune the analog channels my cable company broadcasts, the hardest part of that was training WMC how to change channels on the vcr.