Performance and Rebooting Issues

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
prognovic

HTPC Specs: Show details

Performance and Rebooting Issues

Post by prognovic » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Came in today ...

Plugged it up .. set it up .. no problems there

Watching TV appears really laggy and choppy audio (unwatchable) ... I thought at first maybe network performance between my initial t.v. So i did 6ft cables directly at my 1gb switch .. same problems
Net tuning is maxed out on charts .. which i expect it too being i run a 1gb network. My htpc has a two tuner setup (USB & PCI Infinitv) .. Just wondering if that has something to do with it , Think i will do a reset and setup just the pci and no net sharing of infinitv ..

When i watched some recorded tv .. it was the same way .. Either shows recorded directly on machine or shows via my filserver

Echo was rebooting quite a bit ..

Was able to watch some MKV via Media Browser .. but thinking i need to revisit how they are encoded

This is not ready for me to pass the remote into my wifes hands, Our two XBOXES run way more stable than this

This makes me sad :( LOL

cdcellular

Post by cdcellular » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:09 pm

I feel the same way, the playback is choppy and the menu navigation is super laggy. Plus there doesnt seem to be background transition animations like on the xbox 360. I hope this is still being upgraded and the final product will be much better. I was unable to play almost any .mkv files in media browser do to the lag, all of which played fine on my xbox 360.

WTFover

Post by WTFover » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Would love to here more about Media Browser playing your MKV's. MB shows up on the Ceton, but none of my media paths show up, so nothing to watch. Are you transcoding?

prognovic

Post by prognovic » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Looks like i solved the tv viewing experience

I am thinking the ECHO doesnt like that my HPTC host was sharing/bridging 2 Infinitv devices on my network ..

I unplugged the USB Infinitv and re-installed infinitv software using just the infinitv pci , Works 100% better from the ECHO with channel browsing/viewing

and then went back to a dual setup and had the same original symptoms .. THAT is a bummer.. I have to re-think my entire house setup .. Before ECHO i was a mix of seperate HTPC's and XBOX Extenders
I need the ECHO for its small footprint and power for TV's that dont require a PC purpose !! aka WIFE PROOF !

CDCELLULAR - Yes no Transitions :( at least not like from a host .. I just turned it off to speed up navigation

WTFOVER -
No transcoding , Host has Shark Codecs installed and Media Browser

My movies are all stored on a seperate fileserver , but it appears that movies with the same Video/Audio format but different in total file size have problems .. the larger 30gig movies show major video lag .. I didnt see this with the XBOX

cdcellular

Post by cdcellular » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:28 am

WTFover wrote:Would love to here more about Media Browser playing your MKV's. MB shows up on the Ceton, but none of my media paths show up, so nothing to watch. Are you transcoding?
I had this problem on my xbox 360 extender, to solve it I used the network path in the configurator, instead of the mapped network drive, not sure if this is an echo issue or not.