Problems with Echo Beta Unit

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
leonpress

HTPC Specs: Show details

Problems with Echo Beta Unit

Post by leonpress » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:23 pm

I just received my Echo Beta today. I quickly unpacked it and went to set it up. The Network & HDMI cables were too short, so I went to my box of goodies and pulled out longer good quality cables to fit my installation. To my dismay that was when the proverbial S**T hit the fan. It took at least a half hour and two or three trips back & forth between the rooms to update the setup code and then a power off/on of the Echo before I could get the two to communicate. To my disappointment the Echo takes a long time to boot to a working screen for a device with embedded on it. My laptop is faster. Second, I cannot get ANY audio out of it thru HDMI, do I have to have an optical cable connected also?? So far, very disappointed.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Have you registered on the Ceton forums yet? (http://www.cetoncorp.com/forums)? That's where the beta discussion is at. When you register you need to give the email address you gave when you signed up for the beta, so they can unlock the forums for you.

leonpress wrote:I just received my Echo Beta today. I quickly unpacked it and went to set it up. The Network & HDMI cables were too short, so I went to my box of goodies and pulled out longer good quality cables to fit my installation. To my dismay that was when the proverbial S**T hit the fan. It took at least a half hour and two or three trips back & forth between the rooms to update the setup code and then a power off/on of the Echo before I could get the two to communicate. To my disappointment the Echo takes a long time to boot to a working screen for a device with embedded on it. My laptop is faster. Second, I cannot get ANY audio out of it thru HDMI, do I have to have an optical cable connected also?? So far, very disappointed.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Leon, I activated your account on the beta forums you should be good to go.

James
I Write, Code, and Tweet

leonpress

Post by leonpress » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Oh, OK. I thought that was here. Thanks.

skamp

Post by skamp » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:24 am

leonpress wrote:I just received my Echo Beta today. I quickly unpacked it and went to set it up. The Network & HDMI cables were too short, so I went to my box of goodies and pulled out longer good quality cables to fit my installation. To my dismay that was when the proverbial S**T hit the fan. It took at least a half hour and two or three trips back & forth between the rooms to update the setup code and then a power off/on of the Echo before I could get the two to communicate. To my disappointment the Echo takes a long time to boot to a working screen for a device with embedded on it. My laptop is faster. Second, I cannot get ANY audio out of it thru HDMI, do I have to have an optical cable connected also?? So far, very disappointed.
My experience was a lot different. I agree the HDMI cable was short but at least they gave one. I connected mine in less than 5 mins, booted it up (1st boot took a little bit of time), entered the 8 digit code and was extending in minutes. With that said I am seeing some lag and some other minor things but need to test for a while longer. I only got it an hour ago. Also the audio over HDMI worked for me.

Steve