Media Center, Windows 8 and ZunePass

garak0410

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center, Windows 8 and ZunePass

Post by garak0410 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Hello!

When I ran Windows 7 and Media Center with the Extender to the XBOX, I was able to play ALL of my ZunePass music.

Since getting the Media Center Add On for Windows 8, I've not been able to play ZunePass/XBOX Music songs and albums. Did something change? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Brian

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 pm

If your old Windows 7 PC was linked to Zune you may need to remove that PC and re-add the new Windows 8 machine to be able to download zune pass content. You can only Add/Remove one PC every 30 days..
open Zune, click settings at the top
Account Tab
Computers and Devices on the left
on the right select the old Windows 7 PC and click the Remove button.
Exit Zune / Re-open Zune then download your content.

Zune pass music has DRM.. and is linked to your Windows 7 keys.. Delete the contents of the folder that stores your Zune Pass music and the Re-download it in Windows 8. Then the music should play.

To do this Open Zune, Click Settings at the top
Click Account at the top.
Summary on the left.. Scroll down and click Delete button under Delete all Zune Pass Music Content.

Then on the left click Subscription History.. on the right click the restore all button.. This should re-download your previously downloaded Zune Pass content and hopefully update the DRM keys for use within Windows 8.

newfiend~

garak0410

Post by garak0410 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:28 pm

newfiend wrote:If your old Windows 7 PC was linked to Zune you may need to remove that PC and re-add the new Windows 8 machine to be able to download zune pass content. You can only Add/Remove one PC every 30 days..
open Zune, click settings at the top
Account Tab
Computers and Devices on the left
on the right select the old Windows 7 PC and click the Remove button.
Exit Zune / Re-open Zune then download your content.

Zune pass music has DRM.. and is linked to your Windows 7 keys.. Delete the contents of the folder that stores your Zune Pass music and the Re-download it in Windows 8. Then the music should play.

To do this Open Zune, Click Settings at the top
Click Account at the top.
Summary on the left.. Scroll down and click Delete button under Delete all Zune Pass Music Content.

Then on the left click Subscription History.. on the right click the restore all button.. This should re-download your previously downloaded Zune Pass content and hopefully update the DRM keys for use within Windows 8.

newfiend~
My internet speeds are slow so this took some time. After doing this, I still get missing songs or cannot play songs. I know in the past, I had to make them M3U files and I've tried both M3U and Windows Media lists and they will not play. Would like to get this fixed. We love to listen to music as it shows our family pictures.

Also, when I do play music I own, it seems to take 20-60 seconds between each song now...not sure what the problem is. Really hope I can get this working like it was in Windows 7.

garak0410

Post by garak0410 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Let me add that this plays FINE on my Windows 8 PC. The problem is with my Extender on the XBOX. It has the most problems. It could be a sync issue and it hasn't fully synced the libraries from my PC to the XBOX extender.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:48 pm

garak0410 wrote:Let me add that this plays FINE on my Windows 8 PC. The problem is with my Extender on the XBOX. It has the most problems. It could be a sync issue and it hasn't fully synced the libraries from my PC to the XBOX extender.
When you installed Windows 8 did you do a clean install or an upgrade?

If you did an upgrade try removing the Xbox connection to WMC then re-adding it. It could be a corrupt library file from the previous Windows 7 install.. I don't know exactly as i have not upgraded to 8 yet..

instructions on removing the xbox extender can be had here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... der-device

Once it is removed then re add it again as an extender hopefully it will update the libraries and locations for Windows 8 MC..

newfiend~