Raid MediaServer and TLER enabled HDDs

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
hopscotching

HTPC Specs: Show details

Raid MediaServer and TLER enabled HDDs

Post by hopscotching » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:00 am

I am in the process of planning for a year long road trip, so it is time to sell off my MediaServer. Before i put it on Ebay i want to offer it here, here is what i have;

The server is being sold as a single unit i will not sell the parts (except HDDs).

Norco RPC 4220 4u case (holds 20 storage drives)
Gigabyte GA-ma785gm-us2h main board
AMD Athlon II x2 235e (45 watt 2.7 GHz)
4 GB Falai1ty ram (pc2 8500)
HighPoint RocketRaid 3560 (with 2Gb ram and battery backup)

Want some pics?;

I built the server in 2009, it comes with a spare main board, spare batter backup for the Raid card, 120mm drive fan bracket (no fans) for quieter running and a spare drive back for the case... I have a feeling there is another thing too, i am sure i will think of it in a bit.

The server runs beautifully, i was using 20 "wd1001fals caviar black" (raid 6) for approximately 18Gb of un-formatted space, Since the build the approved HDD size has doubled and there are a few choices, that means the server is now capable of;

approximately 36Tb raid 6
approximately 38Tb raid 5

Check the compatibility list here; http://www.highpoint-tech.com/PDF/Rocke ... y_List.pdf

The raid array can be expanded with an external 4 HDD enclosure for even MORE storage....

I still have 18 of my original hdds "ALL TLER ENABLED!!!!" you cannot by these drives any more, they are all still in warranty and can be purchased separately from the server;

Everything works!!! But the server does not have any system disk!!! The system was built to be energy efficient, while copying all my data off (14Tb worth) my UPS showed no more than 350 watt draw (more around the 300 mark but i don't want to under estimate ;-) , that included the monitor too.

What do i want for it all? Well lets get down to it.

Server $2500 + shipping
Drives $1500 + shipping

Please remember these items are HEAVY it may cost a bit to ship, but i will only charge what i am charged for the shipping... Let me know if there are any questions, i would like this to go to someone here rather than eaby so please ask questions and lets work something out....
refugee from the old greenbutton mess