Music Videos

frazman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Music Videos

Post by frazman » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Hello - Been away from Media Centre for about 2 years, and one of the functions that it never had before was any kind of good music video management function. I've got about 1000 odd music videos all in different genres/artists/etc and I'd love to have some way of managing/playing these in the same way that media browser works. It would be great if for example I select an artist or genre or playlist and its just started playing them one after the other.

Would be interested to hear what other people do with music videos...?

Tracer

Post by Tracer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:59 pm

I use VirtualDJ while this isn't a Media Center app it is great for handling Music Videos. There is a free home version available

http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

I don't know which features have been removed from the free version since I use VirtualDJ Pro.

frazman

Post by frazman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:03 am

Ahh thanks Tracer looks like an interesting peice of software - I'll check it out...

Cheers,
Frazman

Tracer

Post by Tracer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm not sure what kind of hardware you have available but, this is what I have done to make VirtualDJ (sort of) work with Media Center. This method will work pretty much any device that will accept a video stream.

I have my DJ PC running VirtualDJ with the S-Video port on my video card as the default output for the Music Videos. I then feed the video out to a TV card I have in this PC to capture the video. The audio is also looped from the audio out to line in.

I then use Windows Media Encoder 9 to create a live video stream from the TV card's S-Video and Audio line in from the PC's audio card.

Then I create an ASX file with the IP address and port number of the PC I'm running WME 9 on and place this ASX file in my Video folder on the Media Center PC. This allows me to bring up the video stream from any of my PCs or extenders so I can watch my Music Videos being processed by VirtualDJ.

VirtualDJ will let you create playlists which will automix so I just create the playlists I want so I don't need to at that PC all the time.

If you don't want to go through all this, you could always just connect your TV directly to on of the extra video outputs on your video card provided you have a compatible port and view videos this way.

Tracer

Post by Tracer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:23 am

Here's a new Media Center Add-on Media File that supports Music Videos. I haven't tried it out but, it might be what you are looking for.

frazman

Post by frazman » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 am

Hi Tracer,

Yeah I think I understand how your making it work with Media Centre, and I actually like the Idea of it. I haven't had much of a chance to play around with the software but I have some time this week which I'm planning to use for some experimentation with it.

The link you posted for Media File doesn't work?

Thanks,
Fraser

Tracer

Post by Tracer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:02 pm

They moved this site to a new host maybe it has effected the link. Try this http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... ?f=9&t=200