Ceton Companion now AVAILABLE!

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Motz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton Companion now AVAILABLE!

Post by Motz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 pm

We are all extremely excited to announce that the Ceton Companion is now available for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone for $4.99.

The Ceton Companion Services and App links can be found on our official page: http://www.CetonCompanion.com under Get App.

While all apps have been approved, it may take some additional time for them to go live on their respective marketplace.

We also have a brand new contest where you can win a $10 Google Play Gift Card: http://cetoncorp.com/blog/ceton-compani ... -giftcard/

Release Notes:
Some additional release notes related to the Ceton Companion Services. We have a nice setup guide available and we are also available on twitter as well if you need any support. We are hard at work on 3 additional features that will be coming in the next few weeks.
1.) Local TV File Metadata (final testing stages)
2.) Ability to use existing metadata for movies (i.e. my movies/media browser, also in final testing stages)
3.) Device re-naming

When these feature are available you will see an "update available" in the Ceton Companion Services Configuration and we will be sure to tweet and post here.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:24 pm

As I understand it, Ceton Companion includes a newer version of YAMMM. I am one of the few people in the world that doesn't have a smart phone. Will I be able to take advantage of any features of Ceton Companion, specifically the updated version of YAMMM?

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:25 pm

richard1980 wrote:As I understand it, Ceton Companion includes a newer version of YAMMM. I am one of the few people in the world that doesn't have a smart phone. Will I be able to take advantage of any features of Ceton Companion, specifically the updated version of YAMMM?
Actually yes you can use the Ceton Companion Services exclusively for metadata inside of the native media center library.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:45 pm

I use currently use MyMovies and don't want to muck up it's data. I'm pretty sure that I don't want the service to rename my folders; what negative effect will that have, if any?

For example, will movies beginning with "the" be filed under T ?

Also you guys have a typo under advanced/dvd. Services is spelled serives.
Last edited by mcewinter on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Diverge

Post by Diverge » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:46 pm

I can only see the Android version from the web Play store, and it says it's not compatible with any of my devices. Which seems odd.

Galaxy Nexus (CM10 nightlies)
Nexus 7 (Stock)
Nexus S (Stock ICS.. or JB - I forget)
Vizo Google TV

edit: actually it says they are compatible in the drop down list. Just give an error - maybe it's not fully live yet?

edit2: Now it's working, I guess stuff was still going on :D
Last edited by Diverge on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Now available on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .companion

@diverge, this should work on all of your devices except google tv.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:55 pm

mcewinter wrote:I use currently use MyMovies and don't want to muck up it's data. I'm pretty sure that I don't want the service to rename my folders; what negative effect will that have, if any?

Thank you for the typo :) will fix.

Renaming and metadata are only for organizational purposes. If you disable it they will still work inside of your app under proper sort titles... aka Green Mile, The
I Write, Code, and Tweet

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Motz wrote:
mcewinter wrote:I use currently use MyMovies and don't want to muck up it's data. I'm pretty sure that I don't want the service to rename my folders; what negative effect will that have, if any?

Thank you for the typo :) will fix.

Renaming and metadata are only for organizational purposes. If you disable it they will still work inside of your app under proper sort titles... aka Green Mile, The
8-)

ahwman

Post by ahwman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:18 am

Motz wrote:We are all extremely excited to announce that the Ceton Companion is now available for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone for $4.99.

The Ceton Companion Services and App links can be found on our official page: http://www.CetonCompanion.com under Get App.

While all apps have been approved, it may take some additional time for them to go live on their respective marketplace.

Release Notes:
Some additional release notes related to the Ceton Companion Services. We have a nice setup guide available and we are also available on twitter as well if you need any support. We are hard at work on 3 additional features that will be coming in the next few weeks.
1.) Local TV File Metadata (final testing stages)
2.) Ability to use existing metadata for movies (i.e. my movies/media browser, also in final testing stages)
3.) Device re-naming

When these feature are available you will see an "update available" in the Ceton Companion Services Configuration and we will be sure to tweet and post here.

Motz,

Just d/l the iOS app to my iPhone 4S/iPad 3. I found a few issues, should I PM you or is there a specific place to report bugs?

Thanks and congrats on going RTM!!
Chuck

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 am

PM me
I Write, Code, and Tweet

wmcuser1233

Post by wmcuser1233 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:45 am

Thank you for the release. Just got it from the play store. Everything is working great except for the remote control. It will work on the media center itself but wont work on my 360 extenders. I have selected the extenders through the sub menu. Am I missing something?

Diverge

Post by Diverge » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:55 am

Installed it on my galaxy nexus just fine. But when I try to add it to my nexus 7 it downloads and tries to install and then says 'duplicate provider authority'. Won't install.

Is this because I already have it installed on my galaxy nexus? If so seems odd since I only have one android account that I use for all my apps and devices.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:58 am

Diverge wrote:Installed it on my galaxy nexus just fine. But when I try to add it to my nexus 7 it downloads and tries to install and then says 'duplicate provider authority'. Won't install.

Is this because I already have it installed on my galaxy nexus? If so seems odd since I only have one android account that I use for all my apps and devices.
Uninstall any beta version you had this messes up the authentication check. I left my nexus 7 at home today though so I can't test it, but tonight I can.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Diverge

Post by Diverge » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:11 am

Motz wrote:
Diverge wrote:Installed it on my galaxy nexus just fine. But when I try to add it to my nexus 7 it downloads and tries to install and then says 'duplicate provider authority'. Won't install.

Uninstall any beta version you had this messes up the authentication check. I left my nexus 7 at home today though so I can't test it, but tonight I can.

Yep, that was the reason. Thanks!

babgvant

Post by babgvant » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:13 am

richard1980 wrote:I am one of the few people in the world that doesn't have a smart phone.
I thought my parents were the last holdouts :)

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:23 am

It's nice to see you join the party Andy!

Diverge

Post by Diverge » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:32 am

One thing I have noticed, is the first few times you try to connect to a HTPC, it says can not connect (timeout?). I had this happen to me at work, just testing my phone on my work pc, then again with my phone on my home pc, and then again w/ by tablet on my home pc. Each time I had to hit the connect button 2-3 times on initial connection (first time connecting to device). eventually it connects then downloads guide data, etc.

Not sure about future connections yet, haven't played with it long enough.

quepasa281

Post by quepasa281 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:53 am

Is there not any kind of authentication between the app and the Companion service, especially if you forward the port (open to the internet)???

SilverRubicon

Post by SilverRubicon » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:59 am

*Why does the guide list channels that I don't receive? **Why does it not list my recordings in Recorded Television but it does in the Gallery? Why does it trim the last letter off of the name of my mediacenter (mediacente) in the title? **Why does the home page show no upcoming recordings when Scheduled Recordings shows Louie this Thursday?

The issue with listing the 'channels I don't receive in the guide' is a rather large oversight. This doesn't feel like a finished product.

*Disabling channels within MCE and resetting the cache on the Companion App solved my guide issues. I use favorite lists on my media center rather than keep my channels up to date.
**Removing all TV folders from the Companion Config corrected my recordings issues.
Last edited by SilverRubicon on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

tad

Post by tad » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:06 am

I'm sure I'm probably missing something basic, but what do I need to do to get recorded movies (in the recorded TV folder) to appear in the Gallery under the Movies tab? I've purchased both the iOS version and the Android version, but neither shows my recorded movies. The only way I can see the movies recorded from TV is by changing the filter in the Recorded TV filter to show movies.

Can someone clue me in to what I'm missing?

So far, the rest of the app is working fairly well. The virtual remote stopped working after a little while, but I think it's a problem with the server and expect a restart will fix it.