BIG NEWS: TGB.tv and Ceton Partnership!!!

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
STC

HTPC Specs: Show details

BIG NEWS: TGB.tv and Ceton Partnership!!!

Post by STC » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Welcome to our new Ceton Section!

Words from Ceton Corporation
When the Ceton Companion mobile apps launch at the end of this month we will provide a full setup guide, knowledgebase, FAQ and the overall great support that we’re known for. We’ll be delivering support for the Companion a bit differently than we do for our InfiniTV tuners however.

Today we are excited to announce a support partnership with The Green Button forums for the upcoming Ceton Companion. We thought long and hard about how to best support Companion users and, after syncing up with our friends at The Green Button, the answer soon became clear. By combining Ceton Support with the awesome team and all the experienced Media Center users at The Green Button, we knew we could deliver a great support experience for everyone.

The Green Button has been providing Media Center users and enthusiasts with an amazing and ad free online community for the past few years. Since the Ceton Companion will work with any Windows Media Center PC with any television tuner we knew that the huge knowledgebase already established at The Green Button would be a big help to our customers. Starting today you will see a brand new Ceton Product area on TGB where Ceton support staff and engineers will team up with The Green Button staff and users to answer any questions you might have about the Companion. You will also see newly-added InfiniTV and Echo forums for those products as well.

While the primary support resource for the Ceton Companion apps will be on The Green Button, primary support for InfiniTV and upcoming devices like the Echo and Q will still be handled through our support ticketing system at http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/.

We want to thank everyone at The Green Button for their support and for being amazing! We’d also like to congratulate The Green Button on their latest milestone of reaching 2,000 members!

Ceton announcement: http://cetoncorp.com/blog/ceton-hearts- ... en-button/

-Ceton

Words from TheGreenButton.tv

The staff at TheGreenButton.tv are pleased to announced an official partnership with Ceton Corporation. TGB.tv, the fastest growing and most active Windows Media Center forum in the world, has been an essential source for HTPC enthusiasts everywhere, for discussions of the latest technology, offering advice, tips, tricks, hacks, and apps, as well as getting help to troubleshoot your system. Ceton is one of the major distributors of CableCard Tuners on the market, with exciting new products on the horizon, such as the only new WMC extender in development, a drool-worthy prebuilt Windows Embedded HTPC, and a set of Mobile Apps. With the release of Ceton’s Companion App, TheGreenButton will now have a dedicated area for discussion and support of these new programs, available for WP7, Android, and iOS. This area will be moderated and monitored by Ceton employees, although anyone else in the TGB.tv community will be free to offer advice, and use others’ experiences to answer their own questions. This will be a great opportunity for TGB.tv to grow even further, while keeping the small-community feel that we’ve managed to develop over the past year, as well as giving Ceton a chance to interact with their best customers.

From this point on, you will see a new Ceton Product Forum under the normal Windows Media Center series of forums. Please direct any Ceton-specific questions to their respective forums, whether they involve the InfiniTV tuners, the Companion App, or the upcoming Ceton Echo. If you have an official Ceton troubleshooting question regarding the Companion App, please use the Support subforum. The main Companion App can be used for any discussions or questions that don’t necessarily have to be directed to the Ceton staff. We will still be linking to the Ceton Support Ticket system for InfiniTV tuner related questions, although you are welcome to ask any questions about these tuners in the forums as well, just as before this new partnership. You’ll see that we’ve moved all of the Ceton-specific threads to their proper forums.

We are very excited to begin this new partnership with Ceton, and look forward to keeping this Windows Media Center community as vibrant as ever!

-TheGreenButton.tv
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:11 am

I think this is a great idea. Ceton has been great at paying attention to the community. I don't think I've seen such a direct line of communication between a business and its consumers.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:31 am

Agreed.. Ceton has one of the best support departments for their products. I think this is awesome and it will give ceton customers with any issues or questions a place to get those answered. Great News!
newfiend~

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:06 am

YAY!!! Everyone is awesome. I want to thank everyone that helped with this, and we are excited to be teaming up with such a great community :)

OH and look how awesome the purple is in our name!!! woo <3
I Write, Code, and Tweet

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Wow! This is some of the best news I've heard in the TGB Community in a LONG time! Long live Ceton and TGB!!!

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:34 am

Is TGB being provided any financial support from Ceton for serving as its Customer Support? Just asking....

STC

Post by STC » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:41 am

^^ Categorically not! :)

This is essentially a mutual partnership of benefit to both parties and ultimately our goal is to pass that benefit on to the end user :D

We'd all like to think this is a win/win/win situation (Us/Ceton/You).
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:52 am

(it was easier to glom onto TGB than to create their own customer support forum, not to mention TGB = instant productive support)

trooper11

Post by trooper11 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Great news, its a pretty darn smart move for Ceton to tap into the community this way. We are a big part of the hype around their upcoming products, so its great to see them wanting to work with us

kingwr

Post by kingwr » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:13 am

I didn't get picked for the Ceton Echo beta, so sour grapes prevents me from being happy about this.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:59 pm

kingwr wrote:I didn't get picked for the Ceton Echo beta, so sour grapes prevents me from being happy about this.
ditto

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 pm

:cry:
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Brian, I hope you didn't actually expect to be selected. :P

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:38 am

I'm excited, I can only imagine how wonderful a Ceton Companion iphone app might be. I hope they have something above and byond what remote potato offered us before he pulled the plug. I'll gladly sell my xboxes and buy ceton extenders if they are above and beyond. Who wants to pay for xbox live just to have access to normally free add-ons right? I would imagine these future ceton extenders would have the ability to stream anything and everything under the sun. (although the my movies add-in makes streaming movies pretty good, it's not perfect though 1080p MKV's choke!)

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:13 pm

richard1980 wrote:Brian, I hope you didn't actually expect to be selected. :P
Not really. I know I stirred up a lot of stuff. But... if it was actually "random", then I should have had a chance. I can't divulge the source, but I know someone who was selected for the beta because of that person's friendship with someone at Ceton. This tells me that the selection was definitely not "random" by any means.

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Everyone that was selected from the master list was chosen completely random. I know this because I picked everyone and I manage all of the beta people. If you were chosen from the list it was completely at random and everyone on the master list had an equal chance.... we had thousands of people apply and only so many units to give to beta applicants.

This is the same for the companion beta. We would love to give units to everyone if we had that many and could actually manage all of it.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:28 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:
richard1980 wrote:Brian, I hope you didn't actually expect to be selected. :P
Not really. I know I stirred up a lot of stuff. But... if it was actually "random", then I should have had a chance. I can't divulge the source, but I know someone who was selected for the beta because of that person's friendship with someone at Ceton. This tells me that the selection was definitely not "random" by any means.
Most people (myself included) would do the same. People I know would get the first units, then random strangers. I don't see an issue with it.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:11 pm

I was actually just joking. I didn't mean to imply that Ceton's selection process was not random or fair.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:31 pm

richard1980 wrote:I was actually just joking. I didn't mean to imply that Ceton's selection process was not random or fair.
Understood.