Hauppauge 1600 ATSC Only Receiving Certain Channels

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
sksupra

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge 1600 ATSC Only Receiving Certain Channels

Post by sksupra » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:23 pm

I've been lurking in this site for a long time, almost able to find answers to my questions every time but I need some help here.

My issue is I have 2 hauppauge 1600 cards. With pnear's hack I can receive only one atsc channel through media center. When I use win-tv I can receive both (we only get 2 local hi def channels here). I also have an avermedia h797 card in the bedroom htpc and receive both channels perfectly. Full green bars. all three cards share the same outdoor antenna. I'm at a loss here on what to do. I have tried disconnecting the avermedia card and it had no effect. We use our living room htpc for everything. What can I do to receive both hi def channels in W7 Media Cente?

barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:45 pm

I had to do a little research, because I didn't know what "pnear's hack" was. I gather that you're in Canada, and you had to do some stuff to make Media Center detect ATSC channels, yes?

You've probably already found this wiki, but in case you haven't.... here's the link. Open that link and scroll down to the section titled, "Media Center didn’t automatically detect all of the ATSC channels that I’m able to receive, is there any way I can manually add them?"

Hope that helps.