Just built this

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
duncane

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by duncane » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Ok, I at last have 4 DVB-T2 tuners recording/playing with no problems! Forced a sleep/wake a couple times and so far so good, tuners still there. I'm not going to go mental and jump about screaming yee haa as that would be tempting fate... but it's looking good so far. :silent:

To be fair to BG they responded very quickly after my last email where I wrote in a very fed up tone! Here is roughly what they said,

Note: I removed my older tuner card (BG3620) and removed all drivers before doing this. I added the new BG3650 between steps 6 and 7.

1. Even though my card says Rev 1.1 this is original stock that they have upgraded to 1.3 via firmware so not to worry there.
2. Ensure you have the latest BIOS from your motherboard manufacturer installed. - I had.
3. Ensure you have the latest Audio drivers, from the Audio Chipset manufacturer, not from your PC / motherboard supplier. (This has caused problems with viewing TV, please don't assume it won't matter) - I had.
4. Ensure the Media Center component Backgroundscan is disabled by the registry tweak on their support site. - I had/Did again.
5. Attached is a WMC Reset batch file. Right click and run the frCleanUp batch file as 'Administrator' to completely reset Windows Media Center. - BAT attached as ZIP if anyone needs it. BE AWARE it does reset MC back to the 'First Run' state.
6. Ensure you do a complete PC power down, with mains removed for 30 seconds.
7. When you do a scan, only do an automatic scan, do NOT pick the option to manually set-up tuners.

The ONLY thing that is different here is the batch file they provided. My previous attempts to reset MC included the 'mcupdate -MediaCenterRecoveryTask' and manually stopping relevant services and deleting the 'mcepg#-#-#' file and folder.

I've had a look at the batch and know roughly what it is doing but some of you will understand more. As far as my setup goes, it obviously did more than the 2 reset options above.

Fingers crossed it behaves and hopefully this info will help others. Not sure why BG don't have it on their site.

Cheers
Ewan
Attachments
frCleanUp.zip
Warning - Resets MC to First Run state!
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

WarrenH

Post by WarrenH » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:08 am

Replied to your other BGT post

duncane

Post by duncane » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:27 am

Tuner problems back :evil:

Updates about this now in the tuner section here - http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 365#p17365

Ewan

duncane

Post by duncane » Thu May 31, 2012 6:30 pm