Intel Media board - Consumer IR anyone using this?

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
cw-kid

HTPC Specs: Show details

Intel Media board - Consumer IR anyone using this?

Post by cw-kid » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:57 am

I bought an IR board for Intel Media motherboards with the CIR header, like this one off ebay which is the only place I have seen them for sale!

The reason I bought it was because the existing internal USB IR board that was supplied with my HTPC case didn't work properly with the discrete IR codes for Power On / Power Off and I had to program the Harmony remote to use Power Toggle instead for the MCE PC, which meant sometimes it would turn off when I wanted it to turn on and vice versa.

The new CIR board works much better with the discrete Power On / Power Off commands the only problem I now have with it, is that sometimes when resuming from S3 sleep the remote doesn't work at all. I have to reboot the PC to get the remote working again. It doesn't do this every time but sometimes and its obviously annoying.

Just wondered if others had any experience using these IR boards for the CIR header ?

Thanks

Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

bagal

Post by bagal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:49 pm

I bought one off of eBay as well to use with a DH67CF board and I'm having exactly the same issue.

WarrenH

Post by WarrenH » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:42 am

Are you using any software with the remote? iMon for example sometimes dies, although is resolved by writing a simple windows event to restart it at every awake.

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:13 am

No imon as no LCD display on case. I just downloaded the CIR driver software from the Intel site.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 am

I've contacted the seller on eBay hopefully they have a solution?
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

WarrenH

Post by WarrenH » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:50 pm

I see there are a number of articles on a google search CIR not resuming from sleep and gather you've looked through these. The common issue suggests an incompatibility with the add-on IR and the Intel board. Pity Intel don't supply the IR for their own stuff. Gather you've seen this article http://shop.inteset.com/Products/5-ir-r ... oards.aspx

Hope you get sorted.

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Here's the reply from the seller:

This is probably an issue with the drivers. Something is probably up with the hid service. Try to start and stop the service to see if it works upon restarting. Also, look at the Forum on our store site at to see if there any other suggestions.

http://shop.inteset.com/Boards/
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:10 pm

WarrenH wrote:I see there are a number of articles on a google search CIR not resuming from sleep and gather you've looked through these. The common issue suggests an incompatibility with the add-on IR and the Intel board. Pity Intel don't supply the IR for their own stuff. Gather you've seen this article http://shop.inteset.com/Products/5-ir-r ... oards.aspx

Hope you get sorted.
No I hadn't actually Google'd for the issue yet, was just seeing if anyone here already knew a solution.

I'll have a read of the article you found

thanks.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle