HBO GO,Comcast Xfinity & MLB.TV apps now on Xbox

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

HBO GO,Comcast Xfinity & MLB.TV apps now on Xbox

Post by newfiend » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:47 pm

http://www.techspot.com/news/47963-hbo- ... -live.html

New Xfinity, HBO GO, and MLB.TV apps are available on the XBOX (U.S.).. And it doesn't count against your monthy data cap.. nice!

As of now (at least in my area) the Xfinity App says the servers are busy.. (I can't imagine why) and I can't connect to sign in/up.
More info at the link above.
newfiend~

Kustom Kid

Post by Kustom Kid » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:35 am

So I finally got through the log in process for the Xfinity app only to get an error that I didn't have Xfinity service. I do, but it's a Cablecard using a HDHR prime. The tech was nice and stated I was her first call about the xbox app. Long story short she said I needed a STB from them for the service to work. I don't think that's the case, but we'll see how to everyone else here does before I call back.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:11 am

I was able to get it working finally. My problem was fixed after I tried numerous times to log in and activate it. My wife is the primary account holder on the account. I had to log onto her Xbox live account then log into the xfinity app. Then it worked but would not let me view much as the Xbox live gold account is in my name. I logged off her Xbox live account and back into my own Xbox live account then opened the xfinity app and it logged me in and everything works perfect. I have no STB and two ceton cablecard tuners from Comcast w/ two cable cards.. And the Xbox app works for me.

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

pduncan1963

Post by pduncan1963 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:26 am

I downloaded it, tired to log on and got all kinds of errors. First was 999. then 806, then 808. I called comcast and spoke with a lady who had no clue about the app. Didn't know that there was an XBOX app. Called back about a half hour later spoke with a different person. He said that they had been having a lot of calls from people with the same issues. Said they had received no warning from Comcast about the app going live and no training as to what to do. Nothing was resolved.

Called back this morning to a tech support group specifically for the xbox app (1-877-5991876). The tech support agent said that thier system was down, that everyones account required a code "taged" to thier account to authourize the xbox to activiate, and that they they hope to have thier system up sometime this eveining.

Not a fun experience so far. :problem:

kingwr

Post by kingwr » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:37 am

I don't have Comcast (or cable for that matter), but what kind of content are you getting through the Xfinity app?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Lots actually, more than I expected. It's basically their VOD through Xbox.. You can get back episodes of shows up to the latest release of popular shows like two and a half men, the new show touch, mad men, there is a lot of content but it will only let you watch what is available on your current subscription. We have HBO and I was able to go back and watch Game of Thorne's episode 1 last night. Its actually nice for us that have cable cards and can't get VOD through our HTPC. Picture Quality was excellent as well! You can also VOD movies off HBO if you have that service.. The kids section had Despicable Me available last night. As well as others.

SilverRubicon

Post by SilverRubicon » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Unfortunately, the 360 HBO Go app does not work with Comcast. The Xfinity app is a poor substitute as it only has a small subset of the HBO content. This is true for the Roku player too so it's not limited to the xbox.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:37 pm

SilverRubicon wrote:Unfortunately, the 360 HBO Go app does not work with Comcast. The Xfinity app is a poor substitute as it only has a small subset of the HBO content. This is true for the Roku player too so it's not limited to the xbox.
Ya I read that also.. I am hoping that Comcast/HBO/Microsoft can come to some sort of deal at some point and allow use of HBO GO for Comcast users..guess we wait and see if that ever happens...

Kustom Kid

Post by Kustom Kid » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:48 am

newfiend wrote:I was able to get it working finally. My problem was fixed after I tried numerous times to log in and activate it. My wife is the primary account holder on the account. I had to log onto her Xbox live account then log into the xfinity app. Then it worked but would not let me view much as the Xbox live gold account is in my name. I logged off her Xbox live account and back into my own Xbox live account then opened the xfinity app and it logged me in and everything works perfect. I have no STB and two ceton cablecard tuners from Comcast w/ two cable cards.. And the Xbox app works for me.

I've spoken to three different CSRs and they've all said I need a STB. Going to keep trying until I get someone who can help. Do you have a DTA or anything,newfiend?

Well, I called the special number, which is 877-599-1846, and they were unable to help as well. I do have a support ticket out so hopefully we'll get it sorted out soon.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:37 am

Kustom Kid wrote:
newfiend wrote:I was able to get it working finally. My problem was fixed after I tried numerous times to log in and activate it. My wife is the primary account holder on the account. I had to log onto her Xbox live account then log into the xfinity app. Then it worked but would not let me view much as the Xbox live gold account is in my name. I logged off her Xbox live account and back into my own Xbox live account then opened the xfinity app and it logged me in and everything works perfect. I have no STB and two ceton cablecard tuners from Comcast w/ two cable cards.. And the Xbox app works for me.

I've spoken to three different CSRs and they've all said I need a STB. Going to keep trying until I get someone who can help. Do you have a DTA or anything,newfiend?

Well, I called the special number, which is 877-599-1846, and they were unable to help as well. I do have a support ticket out so hopefully we'll get it sorted out soon.
Nope no DTA..Just the 2 cable cards in my Cetons. Just FYI we do NOT have SDV in our area either.. Not sure if you do or not or if that would even make a difference. I do not see any reason why you can't get it working w/o a STB.. As all it does is authenticate your Xbox Live account and Check to make sure you have an account with Comcast.. My wife set up our cable (as I am always at work ans she does the bills anyway..) So the account for comcast was in her name only (Primary account holder) It is important to note that you have to log into the Xfinity app using the Primary Account holders information (e-mail address and Password used to log into your Comcast account online .. It has to be EXACT also if you used Capital letters in your e-mail or password etc. it MUST match!) It wouldn't work for me at first either as I wasn't the Primary Account holder (it was my wife, I got all kinds of error codes as well). So I logged off my XBOX Live account and Logged into my Wife's XBOX Live account, then opened the Xfinity App.. It authenticated and worked.. I then exited the Xfinity App (Don't Log out of the Xfinity app just exit the app using the back button) then exited her Xbox Live account, Logged into mine.. and Opened Xfinity App.. and I was in..
I think the XBOX Live E-mail address and the Comcast e-mail address might have to match for it to authenticate properly and work.
HTH,
newfiend~

pduncan1963

Post by pduncan1963 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:25 am

Hey.... finally, it's running for me. Haven't had time to acutally play anything, but it let me log in. I still have received a call back as a result of my ticket, but atleast it's working now.