I FUBAR'd WMC (again)

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
tirebiter

HTPC Specs: Show details

I FUBAR'd WMC (again)

Post by tirebiter » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:02 pm

So, I noticed a channel that is often selected by WMC to automatically record shows from the wishlist wasn't broadcasting. So I stupidly deleted it from the lineup. Then I realized it had just moved to another frequency and all I had to do was rescan the HDHomerun tuners. Well I did that and the channel reappeared, but I couldn't get it back into WMC's program guide. I tried everything I could think of in the EPG utilities, UNTIL...

I ran "Client Setup" (Duh-Tan-Dwah).

After letting WMC do it's setup, the program guide is mostly back. Ironically, everything is back in the guide except the one channel I wanted to restore.

But, I can't load the MXF file into WMC. I would think a manual Import would be the best chance at success, but no.

Here are the log messages:

Code: Select all

[1/8/2024 10:51:53 AM] Entering ImportMxfFile() for file "C:\epg123\output\epg123.mxf".
[1/8/2024 10:53:48 AM] [ INFO] Error: The following error was encountered while processing the file. Aborting.
[1/8/2024 10:53:48 AM] [ INFO] Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[1/8/2024 10:53:50 AM] [ERROR] Error using loadmxf.exe to import new guide information. Exit code: -1
[1/8/2024 10:53:50 AM] Exiting ImportMxfFile(). FAILURE.
I am running the most current version of EPG123.

Please help (again).

tirebiter

Post by tirebiter » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:45 pm

I am stymied and WMC is dead in the water. I got through a "Client Setup" session with no errors but the program guide still has no data. Otherwise, everything looks OK (except the missing channel that I stupidly deleted from the guide).

Anybody have any ideas or can point me to directions to fix this mess?

tirebiter

Post by tirebiter » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:39 pm

OK, I found this thread:

viewtopic.php?p=151505&hilit=Installing+epg123#p151505

There is a pdf with extensive instructions for building a full VM. I skipped forward to the epg part.

It was EXACTLY what I had been doing, EXCEPT I kept selecting "Run setup again", and it ran "Set up TV signal". Everything was the same, including the slight differences on the screens.

Then I restarted WMC and waited for the empty program guide, but there it was! All fixed. Except for the bane of my existence, the previously deleted channel. But I added it via WMC, finding it's frequency in a HD Homerun app, and the channel came alive again.

I reran the option to rebuild and load the MXF file, and amazingly, the program guide was complete again.

I ran the Transfer Tool and my wishlist reappeared.

I am whole again.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:49 am

Is your previously deleted channel VHF? If so, you have to manually add it... 7MC does not scan the VHF frequency bands.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io