Snowstorm and Christmas Lights

The Green Button has risen from the grave. Brought back to life by a few enthusiasts who think the same way you do. Help us make this site better!
holidayboy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Snowstorm and Christmas Lights

Post by holidayboy » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:16 am

The lights and snow effects are turned on by default for all users but you can turn on/off 4 settings within User Control Panel>Board Preferences if you'd prefer to not see any / all of the effects.

The extension is a new version and any previously saved preferences may not be applied unfortunately.

This extension has no effect on the MySQL issues currently seen when posting to the forums so site performance should not be adversely affected.

The snow and light effects can cause high CPU usage on less capable laptops / PCs however - especially when the snowstorm is enabled.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

Kevin Chalet

Post by Kevin Chalet » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:07 pm

These winter effects are so cool. Many sites - specially forums - used to have a Christmas theme and it's a shame this tradition has almost completely disappeared... :clap:

That said, is it just me or having both the good old lights (the ones that have the cool sound effects when you break them :mrgreen:) and the new ones enabled by default is a bit strange? It looks a bit weird IMO.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:21 pm

Having both sets of lights isn't a great look I know - I could disable one set of lights globally - users will no longer be able to choose which set to have displayed from within the User Control Panel>Board Preferences menu if I do that however.

Enable Christmas Lights CSS affects the new style lights and Enable Smashable Christmas Lights affects the smashable lights.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:47 pm

It is great these settings are user configurable. :thumbup:
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1