WMC win 7 to WMC win 10 differences ?

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
nibot

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC win 7 to WMC win 10 differences ?

Post by nibot » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:41 pm

I have finally had to upgrade to a Windows 10 system with the new WMC from the original WMC on my windows 7 system. After forgetting how to set up EPG to work with it I have just recorded several programs. I have a question on the recording view that now shows a picture of the recorded program and not just the title as the original version did. Is there any place that this can be changed so that the picture does not show?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:43 pm

Having the picture is how it is supposed to work. Not having the picture means your Win7 WMC was "broken" for this feature. So your ask is basically how to break it?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Space

Post by Space » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:03 am

The thumbnail always shows on the "recorded TV" screen, but there is a version that shows a smaller thumbnail with the name in a "list" format. When you have any show highlighted on this screen, left mouse click or press the "info" button on the remote or ctrl-D on the keyboard to get the menu, and then select "View list". To go back, do the same thing and select "View large" from the menu.

nibot

Post by nibot » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:43 pm

To Gary and Space, I used WMC since it was incorporated and I never had the thumbnail feature on any of the installs I did on 7 or 8. Now that I looked at what you posted and what Space has said I followed Space's instructions to left click and clicked on the top selection to change to "LIST" which is how I was used to it being. I guess when I installed all the other ones it defaulted to "List" so I never knew any other view was was there. So thanks guys, learn something new every day.

New question the program records all series even reruns. Is this because there was no actual new programs listed in the guide when I selected the series programs I would like to watch?