EPG123 v1.7.1.4: [ERROR] *** WMC is not present on this machine. ***

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
MKANET

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG123 v1.7.1.4: [ERROR] *** WMC is not present on this machine. ***

Post by MKANET » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:09 pm

I just installed EPG123 v1.7.1.4 from scratch to resolve a previous issue. I selected to install the Server and the EPG123 system tray icon. Immediately after the installer setup finished, I received a popup error message that I don't have WMC installed and also got subsequent errors about respective DLLs missing.

I don't have WMC installed and don't need/use the EPG123 Client. However, I would still like to use the EPG123 system tray icon. In previous versions of EPG123, it didn't automatically try to communicate with WMC when the EPG123 system tray icon would launch.

Hence, each time the EPG123 System Tray icon starts, it causes the respective trace.log messages

Code: Select all

[Tue  03  15  2022 8:48:59 AM] [ERROR] *** WMC is not present on this machine. ***
[Tue  03  15  2022 8:48:59 AM] *** mcepg.dll was not found in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC). WMC has not completed its install, or is not installed correctly. ***
[Tue  03  15  2022 8:48:59 AM] *** mcstore.dll was not found in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC). WMC has not completed its install, or is not installed correctly. ***
[Tue  03  15  2022 8:48:59 AM] *** BDATunePIA.dll was not found in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC). WMC has not completed its install, or is not installed correctly. ***
Is there a way to start the EPG123 System tray tool without also trying to communicate with WMC.. without downgrading to an older EPG123 version?

EDIT: As a temporary solution, I renamed epg123Client.exe to something else. I "could" try to manually remove it from the Windows Task Scheduler.. by removing the respective action "C:\Program Files (x86)\IPTV\epg123\epg123Client.exe" from the scheduled task.. However, it will probably just come back if I were to remove/add the scheduler task via EPG132 GUI.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:54 am

The tray program does not interact with WMC in any way. What you are seeing is due to trying to open the client, or your scheduled task is 'Full Mode' rather than server mode. Open the configuration GUI, delete your existing task, and create a new one without the option to automatically import.

The notification tray program is tied to the client install component because that is where the epg status comes from. On a machine that does not have WMC, there will never be a green/red status... just blue for when the server part is downloading from SD, and grey for an unknown status.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

MKANET

Post by MKANET » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:26 pm

garyan2 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:54 am The tray program does not interact with WMC in any way. What you are seeing is due to trying to open the client, or your scheduled task is 'Full Mode' rather than server mode. Open the configuration GUI, delete your existing task, and create a new one without the option to automatically import.

The notification tray program is tied to the client install component because that is where the epg status comes from. On a machine that does not have WMC, there will never be a green/red status... just blue for when the server part is downloading from SD, and grey for an unknown status.
Thanks for explaining how. I had my scheduled task set to "Full Mode" instead of "Server mode"