Canceled Series Still Recording

DJConan

HTPC Specs: Show details

Canceled Series Still Recording

Post by DJConan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:25 am

I've had this problem for a long time now. I had a series set up to record a maximum of 10. It would record 20. I removed it and re-added it...same result. So, recently I decided to just delete the series and leave it off of the recording list. It is still recording. It is gone from the scheduled recordings. I guess this explains why when I had it set for 10, it recorded 20. Now it is gone and still recording 10.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this and remove the series that does not show in WMC?

Space

Post by Space » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:43 am

The transfer tool what comes with EPG123 may be able to show you information about your Series recordings that WMC itself may be hiding.

Do the episodes for the Series still show up in the upcoming recording list, or does it just record stuff without it being in that list ahead of time?

I do vaguely recall another person that had a similar problem, but I don't know what the solution was (if one was found).

DJConan

Post by DJConan » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:15 am

I've never used the Transfer Tool before. I ran that and did not see the series. I went in through WMC and looked at the scheduled recordings and it was not there either. But it was recording the show as I was looking into this. lol

I don't know if this is related or not, but I'm also having a problem that when I go into the guide and set a show to record, it hangs there for 5-10 minutes with the busy circle. This is from my extender (XBox). I've found that after hitting record, it's easier to power off the extender and power it back on because it's faster. The show is set to record and no more busy icon.

I sort of thought maybe this series I've been having a problem with is starting to cause other problems and that's why I started looking more into this series recording recently. No idea.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:05 pm

I may have filtered out the series from the Transfer Tool thinking it was inactive/complete. You could do the following to see if it gets rid of it.

1) Create a [Backup] in the epg123 client.
2) Open WMC and go to settings > TV > Recorder and click the [Clear Recording Schedule].
3) Close WMC and open the Transfer Tool.
4) Click the [Open recordings backup file] and select the file created in step 1.
5) Transfer the backed up recording requests you want to restore.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

DJConan

Post by DJConan » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:56 pm

garyan2 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:05 pm I may have filtered out the series from the Transfer Tool thinking it was inactive/complete. You could do the following to see if it gets rid of it.

1) Create a [Backup] in the epg123 client.
2) Open WMC and go to settings > TV > Recorder and click the [Clear Recording Schedule].
3) Close WMC and open the Transfer Tool.
4) Click the [Open recordings backup file] and select the file created in step 1.
5) Transfer the backed up recording requests you want to restore.

Thanks! I keep going back into the guide and trying random things all while deleting all of the recordings when I see them filling up. For the past few days, I have not seen any recordings. This is an old rerun on TVLand, so I believe the problem may have stopped. I see in the guide that it airs again tonight, so if it records, I will try the steps you outlined. Thanks again for the suggestion.