MC no longer controls volume?

stevethebrain

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by stevethebrain » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:36 am

Since I’ve had difficulty w/ the remote controls, I’ve been setting the AVR to a medium volume then use MC to adjust.
Now I’m forced to control volume w/ the AVR the MCs volume #s will change but volume stays the same.
Please recommend the proper settings that I can check. thanks

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:29 am

Sounds like you may have audio going over HDMI and your HDMI audio is set to fixed volume. There should be a setting somewhere to change that.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:45 am

yes I have HDMI cables.
ok I'll check around for that fixed volume

I just checked the TV and MC is controlling the volume w/ TV.as it usally does.so this must be related to my new 4K projector veiwsonic 727 4K it has been working fine for over 6 months untill today. the Projector has a small builtin speaker that I have been advised to lower volume to zero so it won't interfer w/ my good speakers. the projector has been fine w/ volume same as TV.

so the MC settings are proballey correct. I assume I'll be messing around w/ the projectors settings.I must have accidentally pressed a negative button on it's remote. I'll mess around w/ it tomorrow and report back. thanks

joeer77

Post by joeer77 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:14 am

I always leave WMC volume 100%. Use TV or receiver to adjust volume.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:16 pm

yes thats how I've always controlled volume, but now I'm having difficulty w/ remotes, my main remote harmony700 turns devices on and off however it's gotton clunky over the years.my go to remote the el cheapo rca universal was a great remote to bad it's not made any more.

anyway I watched the projector this weekend and the volume control mysteriously came back. I'm assuming my new hdmi 2way switch may have hiccuped.