Error updating WMC program guide

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
bluesight

HTPC Specs: Show details

Error updating WMC program guide

Post by bluesight » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:12 am

I just started getting this error after WMC unexpectedly quit (daytime). I restarted, re-setup WMC, updated to the latest EPG123 (1.6.7.0), and am now getting cryptic errors in the EPG123 log:

GuestActorRole GuestActorRole_ProgramPersonCharacterKey: InsertRow() failed (attempt 0 of 10) for (1,13080100000...and bunch of digits...)
Error using loadmxf.exe to import new guide information. Ecit code: -1
ImportMxfile(). FAILURE.

Help!
B

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:48 am

Your WMC database is corrupted. Open the client and click the [Rebuild WMC Database] button and then manually import the mxf file again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

bluesight

Post by bluesight » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:52 am

Seems to have come back for no good reason. I see some inconsistencies in the client guide tool tables where there are some channel changes and deletions that show up on the Lineup side table that don't match the Guide channels. Don't know how to deal with fixing that. Don't want to try rebuild of WMC database...ominous message there...But I'll try rebuild per your message...(maybe will fix below)...

Glitch is that H&I moved from 57.3 to 57.8, and now 57.3 is in the EPG123 local OTA lineup, but 57.8 is in Guide Channels (assume from Schedules Direct). Channel 57.8 in WMC plays H&I, but there is no guide info at 57.8...I think it wants to use guide info from 57.3. But (57.3) shows the H&I logo, but gives guide info for CSI Miami. This must have been a recent change (today?), since the on-line (web) local guide still says 57.3 should be Star Trek, and there is no entry for 57.8. Hard to figure what's up...

B

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:07 am

What is on the right side is what is downloaded from Schedules Direct and imported. Sounds like they don't have the H&I channel move yet. Submit a ticket with them, they will submit to their upstream provider Gracenote, and it will eventually get fixed.

To get the proper guide listings on 57.8, select 57.8 on the left side of the client, then right-click H&I 57.3 on the right side and select 'Subscribe'.
- Gary

bluesight

Post by bluesight » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:35 am

It looks like it may just take a day or two for Schedules Direct, but if not, I'll contact them. The subscribe trick worked opposite my expectations. It put the current 57.3 guide info (CSI Miami) into the 57.8 line, which is still showing Star Trek. No biggie...don't really use the channel much anyhow....
Thanks for the quick responses. I'll look in the docs, but it's been a while since I dealt with recovering files, like the mxf file(s). I'm afraid to lose all my scheduled records. They already may have been corrupted...things don't look quite right for series settings...like the setting to not record repeats. Shows are showing up on the record schedule that shouldn't.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:31 am

I may have misunderstood what you were saying. Was the guide listings for 57.3 correct, but just had the wrong station logo? And 57.8 had no guide listings and does not exist on the right-side?

If it is just the wrong station logo, you can change that by following https://garyan2.github.io/logos.html.
For mapping guide listings to channels, you can follow https://garyan2.github.io/map.html.
- Gary

bluesight

Post by bluesight » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:44 pm

Just confirming...manually importing the MXF file is done by just the "Save and Execute" function in the EPG123 app (rather than waiting for the scheduled updates). And the MXF file has nothing to do with the, hopefully, previously maintained record schedules in WMC, which should survive a WMC database "Rebuild" (to the extent possible).

Space

Post by Space » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:46 pm

The MXF file has nothing to do with the WMC DB backups (these are text/XML backups of certain data from the WMC DB). These backups are generated/saved once every 5 days (if you have a recent release of EPG123) and should also be done when you use the "[Rebuild WMC Database]" function (prior to rebuilding the DB).

When you use the "[Rebuild WMC Database]" button, it should save the current WMC DB (including the Series, channel maps, etc) as explained above and then create a new WMC DB that uses that backup to restore your Series, channel maps, etc.

You can build a new MXF file and import it in to WMC by pressing the "Save and Execute" button in the GUI. You can also right click on the system tray icon for EPG123 and tell it do the MXF file creation and import there (this actually just does an on-demand execution of the Task Scheduler entry that is normally run once per day). I think the main difference between using the system tray way instead of "Save & Execute" is that the system tray way will also run the VerifyLoad process (whereas "Save & Execute" will not). The "Save & Execute" way will also display a progress window while it is running, whereas the system tray way will just run everything in the background.

If you don't know what "VerifyLoad" is, don't worry about it, it will be run on the next automated execution of EPG123 and will verify/correct any entries that were not loaded correctly by any previous Microsoft MXF import process.

bluesight

Post by bluesight » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Seems to be better. After 2 cycles of rebuilding the WMC DB I stopped getting an error (during load) at the Manual Import step. 57.8 H&I did correct on the right side table (Schedules Direct side), but still wasn't coming up with guide info in WMC. I did subscribe back and forth for the 57.8 entries (left and right) and did a new manual import, and now the guide for 57.8 is correct (I believe). So...all good...
Thanks much!
B

PS...The WMC record schedule looks like it survived intact...