Burning recordings to DVD - recommendations?

bookmarked

HTPC Specs: Show details

Burning recordings to DVD - recommendations?

Post by bookmarked » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:08 pm

Can someone give me a quick summary of the pros and cons of the different ways of burning WMC7 recordings to DVD? Or point me to something like this somewhere? Searching only comes up with people either trying to fix errors while burning or trying to convert wtv files.

What I'm trying to do is save some recorded TV shows to DVD and a few movies to DVD+R-DL discs (my burner supports dual-layer). I've been procrastinating and now I'm running out of space.

WMC itself will burn to DVD, but I'm not sure if it supports dual layer discs. I'm also not sure if you can record multiple episodes to a single disc, which I'd like to do with the TV episodes.

I know that I can also burn wtv files with Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker (and possibly with WMP), but I'm not sure the pros & cons of either.

Or is the only real answer to convert to something else before burning? I'm trying to keep it simple - I'm trying not to do much processing like removing commercials, etc..

Thanks!

dkrom

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by dkrom » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:42 am

I’ve burned quite a few DVD’s with media center. Yes, multiple shows are supported. I don’t remember using any dual layer discs, but according to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 05ecbae0b8 it is supported.